Can I build a 1000+ Horsepower engine? Apparently so.

[quote=“psychopjv,post:140,topic:24902"”]

so it’s impressive why? because he doubled the power of the engine? whoopity do. yeehaw let’s start with 10 cylinders of flying fury :cough: tractor motor :cough: add in lots of displacement. (Remember kids there is no replacement for displacement.) so displacement + boost = double the engine output. Okay turbo did that. I don’t see what all zee hoopla is about. it’s an overpriced vehicle that now has an overpriced engine. But to each his own.

[/quote]

not everyone wants to SETTLE for a fbod

yea i still dont understand how these people justify saying oh you made almost 1000rwhp no big deal.

[quote=“ablakez28,post:142,topic:24902"”]

yea i still dont understand how these people justify saying oh you made almost 1000rwhp no big deal.

[/quote]

Some people just like to yap cuz thats all they know how to do.

Maybe they will understand this:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e176/adamcobra/350zdyno-1.jpg

[quote=“ablakez28,post:142,topic:24902"”]

[/quote]

All he did was double the motors output…Now I’m not saying that he doesn’t deserve props, because he does, but when someone doubles the hp of a Honda its all, “omg its a Honda, why? Its still gay.”

making power in a viper engine by adding boost is not hard. just like making power in a LSx is not hard, just like making power in a honduh is not hard. raise the VE, add boost, have a bottom end that can support it. not rocket science. its done everyday. that is all we are saying. we are not comparing cars or ecocks. obviously he has the money to spend that many of us dont to do this on a viper with viper tax. he just makes it seem like everything he is doing is above and beyond the laws of physics. ITS NOT HARD.

someone give me a T88, ill make 1000+rwhp all day. in my case, thats unusable power, and i opted not too. obviously he wants a dyno queen that he can show off to customers, thats what he wanted to do. to each their own, and i respect that. but making the power and keeping it is not hard.

dan lesser, did you personally assemble, and PERSONALLY sit in the “lab” and do the r&d on this engine/parts? or did you converse with mechanics on what combo would work best, read some magazines, and pick the most expensive parts, and copy/paste tech info…?

[quote=“turbo ls1 ss,post:145,topic:24902"”]

someone give me a T88, ill make 1000+rwhp all day. i

[/quote]

Dan is building a car that will drop 1000+ hp and last for 80,000+ miles without shit breaking. How long will your car last under 1000hp? 200 miles? thought so. You are missing the meain point here. “Complete Package” not just motor.

[quote=“Marcus,post:146,topic:24902"”]

Dan is building a car that will drop 1000+ hp and last for 80,000+ miles without shit breaking. How long will your car last under 1000hp? 200 miles? thought so. You are missing the meain point here. “Complete Package” not just motor.

[/quote]

haha. my car is the “Complete Package” as well. at this point in time, the last piece of my drivetrain, the trans, is out getting some muscle. mine will last just fine, thank you! :smash2: and i beat the shit out of it day and night :wink: i will be making 800rwhp all year this year, on moderate boost ~16psi… so IF my shit blows, you can laugh at me. BTW, shit don’t break if ya dont drive it :wink:

as i was saying… it doesnt take all custom high $$$ stuff to make something powerful last… so what else do you got for me?

I thought that this thread was about a bottom end.
Having a rod and piston combo hold 100 hp is good but not earth shattering.
I don’t understand why everyone’s panties are in a twist.

WAR, what is it gooood for? absolutely nothingg

[quote=“Violator,post:141,topic:24902"”]

not everyone wants to SETTLE for a fbod

[/quote]

contrary to poipular belief, i didn’t settle for this car. I wanted this car since 1999. I could give to shits less what you think of my Fbod which wasn’t even part of this argument yet mister crybabyz28 brought up. Glad to see you humped him and got on the fbody hate bandwagon, it’s so original. I’m slamming him rather simply saying that it’s not the worlds biggest feat to double the output of a motor. if you wanna go with that layzie wins seeing as stock his had like a whopping 120hp. now 644.

[quote=“psychopjv,post:150,topic:24902"”]

contrary to poipular belief, i didn’t settle for this car. I wanted this car since 1999. I could give to shits less what you think of my Fbod which wasn’t even part of this argument yet mister crybabyz28 brought up. Glad to see you humped him and got on the fbody hate bandwagon, it’s so original. I’m slamming him rather simply saying that it’s not the worlds biggest feat to double the output of a motor. if you wanna go with that layzie wins seeing as stock his had like a whopping 120hp. now 644.

[/quote]

I have a mustang so its no different then a fbod. I dont hate but get annoyed when people cant just offer some support/apprecoation instead of making lousy comments. Saying overpriced this and overpriced that was uncalled for and in bad taste.

[quote=“turbo ls1 ss,post:147,topic:24902"”]

haha. my car is the “Complete Package” as well. at this point in time, the last piece of my drivetrain, the trans, is out getting some muscle. mine will last just fine, thank you! :smash2: and i beat the shit out of it day and night :wink: i will be making 800rwhp all year this year, on moderate boost ~16psi… so IF my shit blows, you can laugh at me. BTW, shit don’t break if ya dont drive it :wink:

[/quote]

What part of BUSINESS did everyone NOT understand?? You going to pay out warantee claims and replace motors for free when customers shit blows up too??? If shit breaks you are out of business. /the fuckin end. :smash2:

[quote=“Violator,post:151,topic:24902"”]

I have a mustang so its no different then a fbod. I dont hate but get annoyed when people cant just offer some support/apprecoation instead of making lousy comments. Saying overpriced this and overpriced that was uncalled for and in bad taste.

[/quote]

it’s an opinion on the internet. i believe that it is overpriced. it’s not like i shot the man or anything. he’s gonna make 1000hp, thats fantastic. i hope he does make more and sells tons of his kits. But it isn’t going to change my view on vipers. You say you don’t hate then why even bring up the Fbod if it wasn’t relevant to said conversation? Everytime i go outside i know i drive an Fbod and i love it, so all the hateraid in the world couldn’t stop that.

i think what psychopjv is trying to say is…with a motor that big, with that much money thrown into it AND forced induction, it SHOULD make 1000hp or somthing is very wrong :gotme:

[quote=“Violator,post:152,topic:24902"”]

What part of BUSINESS did everyone NOT understand?? You going to pay out warantee claims and replace motors for free when customers shit blows up too??? If shit breaks you are out of business. /the fuckin end. :smash2:

[/quote]

what part of, i was responding to marcus’s input on “my shit would blow up if…blahblah blah” did you NOT understand :smash2:

why to take my words out of context though:eekdance:

[quote=“psychopjv,post:153,topic:24902"”]

You say you don’t hate then why even bring up the Fbod if it wasn’t relevant to said conversation? Everytime i go outside i know i drive an Fbod and i love it, so all the hateraid in the world couldn’t stop that.

[/quote]

agreed

and, its called, people need to change the aim of the thread when they realize what were are saying just might be right. we were never hating on the accomplishments, rather speculating on 100hp from a bottom end, and that 1000hp isnt hard to make on a FI viper

[quote=“psychopjv,post:153,topic:24902"”]

You say you don’t hate then why even bring up the Fbod if it wasn’t relevant to said conversation?

[/quote]

was relevant in regards to your perspective on price

[quote=“turbo ls1 ss,post:155,topic:24902"”]

what part of, i was responding to marcus’s input on “my shit would blow up if…blahblah blah” did you NOT understand :smash2:

why to take my words out of context though:eekdance:

[/quote]

my bad then… just woke up :smiley:

[quote=“Violator,post:158,topic:24902"”]

my bad then… just woke up :smiley:

[/quote]

i forgive you :redface:

[quote=“Adictd2b00st,post:154,topic:24902"”]

i think what psychopjv is trying to say is…with a motor that big, with that much money thrown into it AND forced induction, it SHOULD make 1000hp or somthing is very wrong :gotme:

[/quote]

this man knows hip-hop. :tup: