***Come play GTR2 ***

I’m actually quite skilled with 3DSM, I used to use it a lot back in High School (did some crazy animated 3D rollercoasters, detailed down to bolts and cement holding things together). Find me a tutorial on the basics of track creation and I’ll whip us up something pimp.

O RLY?! :smiley:

Hmmmmmm… I’m gonna get back to you on that.

Is anyones BMW M3 GTR ingame car choices coming up with double the cars (duplicate names) and only half of them work?

BTW I call the Playboy GT3RSR

I got my steering wheel problems fixed and now all I have to do is get decent internet.

Sounds like you have some install issues. I’ve never seen that happen yet.

I have a couple of cars that are duplicates with different #'s. but so far they have all worked

There are several that the authors did “teams” for, with two cars, different numbers (and if they were paying attention to detail, different colored mirros). The DeWalt and the LNR TVRs come immediately to mind, though there are quite a few others.

Define not working… they should all show up properly in the “showroom”. Any ones that didn’t, I removed before creating the zip file. Keep in mind that we tested all of the NGT cars, but very little of the others, since I thought we were going to use NGT cars for the league. I included many of the other cars (especially the Speed GT and ALMS series Corvettes and Vipers) mostly because of my own interest in the cars, but also because they were well done and we may use them down the road.

Oh, and if we are using NGT cars, dibs on the WRC Gronholm “Ford 911 RSR” :lol:

It’s weird, they’re the same exactly car (same year, number, model, etc.) but listed twice in my game. Only one of the “twins” works, and shows up in the show room. It’s only for the BMW M3 GTR’s. Don’t worry about it, it’s an isolated problem and I’ll figure out a way to fix it.

On a semi-unrelated note, I just lifted all four at Nurburgring during an uphill transition into a downhill and smashed into a wall at 130 mph :frowning:

why does that not surprise me :mamoru:

Habitual line stepping at The Ring will get you killed. Virtually.

I saw that for the first time last night, and I was thinking :wtf: :lol:

hahaha me too, I loled at the blue oval on the side of the car.

Rick, please revert the server to the previous TC and ABS settings. I know I’m not the only one that feels this way (Neuro, Zong, Shockwave). Driving in the rain is a complete pain in the ass, and I cant even WOT shift into second now without sending the car into a spin in the dry on most tracks. Not to mention I drive with a fair amount of slip angle in the 360GTC under braking and now I cant, as it just locks the brakes up. The careful balancing act has turned into utter chaos. I know the game is realistic and you like it that way, but there has to be a balance of realism to keep the game fun (like it was before you updated the server). I know we were playing semi pro with slight assists on before, and we had some great races that way. There has to be balance.

I support allowing the following:

automatic clutch
traction control
ABS
views other than cockpit (for the TVR guys especially)

I agree with Mike in that we want this to be fun. Right now, there are some times where it is NOT fun. I know we skipped a couple of races last night for this reason (Oschersleben in particular was pissing me off). Although some of us may have G25 wheels (and hence VERY good and precise pedals) not everybody does. Granted, some people are doing well with controllers that SHOULDN’T work that well, but it is all in what you are used to.

I’m not as concerned about this being absolutely realistic to the nth degree, because it will never be as realistic as driving a real car. Without the feedback through the seat-of-the-pants, you can never get the level of control in the game that you get in a real car. Therefore, I vote to try to keep this fun. GT4 on the LAN was fun. We don’t need to dumb this down too much, but I think allowing a little flexibility makes it more fun for everyone, not just a couple of people who want to run it in the most hardcore simulation mode.

Personally I agree it does need to made fun for those that don’t want it to be all-out simulation. Personally I don’t use any aids except auto-clutch due to the lack of a clutch pedal, and have no issues with the TVR cockpit as I use it as more of a memory aid when learning the track.

But other people definatly would have issues with many of the above, especially if they are used to playing more arcade oriented games where going WOT in a 400+hp car doesn’t result in any control loss or have inferior control setups that have little room for precision.

Honestly, I can deal without traction control, that took me a few tracks to get used to. (though I prefer to have it somewhat on) But I refuse to give up ABS, without having feedback through the pedals, it’s rediculous. By the time I hear them lockup, it’s way to late. My car doesnt have ABS in real life, but I can feel when it’s nearly locking up (Sorry, I dont have force feedback pedals in the game linked up with the wheel to give me a slight twitch in the wheel, etc). I dont think I’ve locked the brakes up on it since I dunno, '03?

Not to mention, all of these race cars in real life have ABS and some traction control, so if you really want to be realistic, we’d be running them.
(Hell, I’ll give you the PART NUMBER FOR THE GT3 RSR one)

ITS A FUCKING GAME guys. I want to play, but if you’re gonna be as hardcore as this, that kinda kills the fun-factor… wanna race “hardcore”? do it in real life.

I was about to go out, buy a wheel, a legal copy of the game, and join in, but not if it’s gonna be this kinda BS

I don’t see what the problem is… you know how easy it is to play with ABS etc on right? It’s for a little bit of a challenge… all too common are games with nothing like no ABS or traction control, if you’re into that why don’t you race with NFS? :confused:

uhhhh. it’s by no means EASY with anything on, much less off, have you even played?

I dont play with ABS cranked all the way up on my comp, but some help is nice. Like I said, by the time the tires are locked and I can hear them, it’s to late anyway. You have zero feedback through the wheel and pedals in terms of lockup anyway, why should I have to guess as to when things will lock. That’s pathetic. Easy? Hmmm, easier I suppose, but I’d rather have FUN than get annoyed. I’m done till driving aids are turned back on. I’ll just play the computer on my system.

Oh yeah, and Need For Speed? Sorry, I’m not a ricer. Who are you by the way?

0 posts :roll2:

Are we playing the same game here? When I first played it was with all assists on against the computer… when I came online I was dumbfounded when I tried to floor it out of the garage and spin out instantly, then have to actually take it easy out of the corners. If you don’t notice the huge difference, then I don’t know what to say.

Same question to you.

It is much, much easier to play with assists, if you’re trying to play that down then thats a bit silly. You need to remember it’s a game, it will be easier than driving IRL no matter what, so why not make it challenging (Or as possible as it can be)?
I don’t see the point of racing competitivley at all online if the settings are so dumbed down you can slide around corners at much higher speed, gaining unrealistic lap times.

The NFS reference was because you seem to want things very easy and basic. It is an arcade game, this is a ‘Simulation’.

By the way, 0 posts - I just don’t post anywhere else on this forum because I’m not really into the whole tune up your car thing in real life, no need to be smart because you have nothing else to turn to after your first argument.

If you’d just like to have fun rather than get annoyed because you’re beaten with no aids (trust me, I know how it feels to spin out when you’re doing well and get smoked by someone :P) then maybe you would be more suited to racing against the AI with your custom settings than in a league anyway? :wink:

It really doesn’t bother me either way, but If there is going to be a league, shouldn’t it be non easy mode?