Damn D-series

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread/2289858

WOW

:eek2: D16 - that’s awesome.

damn internet at work…blocks almost everything. guess i’ll have to wait until i get home for this.

d-series are bad ass

no one ever has any faith in them

all that hp…and no tq to match…damn 4bangers

That’s a no joke single cam right thurrrrr

when someone says ‘it can’t be done’, someone else will always do it.

400wtq+ for 3500+rpm isn’t weak … :dunno:

I was just talking to one of my friends from NY. This is what he emailed me: Synapse Motorsports. That place does alot of 30R hondas, just finished up one thats a sleeved B16B CTR engine with a 3076R, top mount manifold, 502whp@22.5psi tuned with Neptune, by Morgan Spurgas owner of Synapse.

Damn…didn’t know these D series motors were that well flowing…

The B16B is a destroked version of the b18C5 ITR motor DOHC VTAAAAKKK, not a SOHC d-series.:slap: These days 500whp is weaksauce, so that makes mine no-sauce

thats amazing

didn’t say it was weak…just those numbers are usually a lot closer to each other on cars with more cylinders…unless its a diesel…then its the reverse of a 4 banger…

735whp and 478tq@45psi

just pound it threw lol.

If it was a B or K it would have been 850+ at that PSI

Very respectable numbers. Congrats. Is he using your turbo (the 355) Joe?

Thats Fn crazy. lets see how long it last’s now.

no he is useing the big boy 372 (72mm)

might last 2-3 track days before needing rebuilt?

you have to be dry f*cking me!!! that’s a huge number

Engine’s that rev this high (and don’t choke) will always make a lot more horse power than torque. If you made 1000ft/lbs of torque at 10,000 rpm then your horse power would be much higher. That’s just the way horse power is calculated. A v8/v10 that revved this high would look very similar. different fuels or engine configuration just move the power band around. horse power remains a function of torque and rpm. Correct me if I’m wrong here.

v8s/10s aren’t rev’d that high…your correct though…take a formula 1 engine…they make close to 800hp but barely 200 ft/lb tq