DIPS Grip Track days

And just as strict as TMP from what I hear.

Andrew.[/quote]

damnit! guess i’ll suck it up and put a muffler on the car.

How do they have noise restrictions? they have 1200 acre’s of property surrounding the facility or something like that

Just go there and try it out, elevation changes are an important aspect in learning to grip race, if all you’ve drove is flatland than your very wrong about thinking you know how to grip race. Thats why I wanna go there.

And just as strict as TMP from what I hear.

Andrew.[/quote]

damnit! guess i’ll suck it up and put a muffler on the car.

How do they have noise restrictions? they have 1200 acre’s of property surrounding the facility or something like that[/quote]

Yeah put stock exhaust on for that track. Buddy did the course back in September, they pulled bunch of cars off. He couldn’t go full throttle down the straight and all he has is 2.5 inch exhaust on stock ka.

They haven’t attained full licensing er something yet. takes 3 year or some crap like that. Its retarded, build a race track in Canada and don’t allow race cars on the track…that seems to be the mentality. I won’t touch TMP with a 10 foot pole, they told me not to come back unless i “fixed” my exhaust.

Andrew.

They might be pricks to some people… but they can get away with it.

The track was never meant as a world class facility… even though the course layout is world class.

It was built by rich guys for rich guys with expensive cars. They couldn’t care less about including people with (what they consider to be) fart cans.

That being said, it’s worth giving in to their demands because from what I hear (and from what I’ve seen on vids) the track design is second to none.

mosport? where people without fart cans race. ie ALMS
I’m sorry, Ontario is retarded when it comes to racing. Even Dunville gave me problems…they wanted me to have a fart…

Race track=race cars. I won’t drive 4.5 hours to get kicked off a track

Andrew.

Second. But some time in august please so I can bring my car out

i have no fart can, i have 3" straight back no mufflers, it’s loud at the 8000+ rpm range

same here captain.

fastback240, Mosport is not for the faint hearted. You don’t go to Mosport for your first time on a track.
I’m assuming all of you are asked for the DDT track. Except Sasha :wink:

Andrew.

haha id LOVE to go sit at the top of corner 2 and watch eat eat most of the SON population.

GT

thats because you’re sadistic greg.

But we love you anyways.

Ontario is retarded when it comes to everything.

Ontario is retarded when it comes to everything.[/quote]

x2

Another thought supporting Calabogie, it looks sweet, and as Vlad mentioned, the elevation changes look amazing (I’ve got some sweet touge roads around here, so I know how much fun some heavy elevation changing is). But we could consider trying to get a day or two there together with the NEO240 guys too, make a whole day of it, BBQ, party the day before or something, the works. Could be a good time.

Ontario is retarded when it comes to everything.[/quote]

x2

Another thought supporting Calabogie, it looks sweet, and as Vlad mentioned, the elevation changes look amazing (I’ve got some sweet touge roads around here, so I know how much fun some heavy elevation changing is). But we could consider trying to get a day or two there together with the NEO240 guys too, make a whole day of it, BBQ, party the day before or something, the works. Could be a good time.[/quote]
Thats a cool idea.

Andrew.

That was my plan for the calaboogie.
We havnt had a neo meet for at least 2 years as far as i can recall

the only reason tmp has noise restrictions is because they fired on of the managers. He had a relative on council at cyuga and they introduced noise polution laws for consistent noise above 94.5db or what ever it is.
when they built the track there were no restrictions.

and the owner of dunnville is crabby cause 1/2 the town doesnt like the noise, thats why when you drive though you see all the signs saying. “we support the autodrome”
hes getting a lot of crap about it. Import cars exhaust notes carry forever, big v8s you cant hear from very far away even though they may be louder in person.

and i dont know why you guys insist on having no mufflers.
you can still make you 195 hp with a fart can on the back and youll spool faster with the added back pressure as well

mufflers are to expensive

i think my jeep would be kicked out of tmp for being too loud

those faggots

and its also super bumpy esspecially on corner 1 and 2, not satisfying to drive on at all.

the only fun section at that track is the kink and double apex to the straight almost into the wall every time ears bleeding as side exit tries to hurt me

neo would be fun. all those guys have been shit talking me since i got in that police chase who knows when. dip you gotta let me pass

Just a question about calabogie:
looking at the aerial pictures on their website, it seems the corners are all 3rd and 4th gear, that is to say, it’s a high speed course. Is that correct? The straights are HUGE too, which kinda sucks for n/a KA owners…

feedback plz

Because you have a stock KA doesn’t mean you can’t learn and have loads of fun. Calabogie is a fast track from what I hear, just means you will be at full throttle most of the time, you can still pull fast corner speeds, its called maintaining momentum. Who cares if you get beat by some 400hp car.

Andrew.

Yeah, the aerial pictures kind of make it look that way, but if you check out this part of the page: http://www.calabogiemotorsports.com/designer.htm

They have info on all the sections of the track, just click on them and read the description. It’s sounding like some of those corners are a bit deceptive, particularly with the elevation changes. The track seems like a riot to drive over all, and I can’t wait to hit it this summer.

Besides, like Andrew said, so you lose to a 400hp car… onoz, it’s a track day, as long as you’re being safe and having fun, who cares?

I’ll come run Dunnville with you guys. From a cost perspective it’s a great place for me work on setup and shake out bugs before weekends at the Glen. (and hopefully MoSport this year damn reliability) I’d be interested in calabogie too.