DipYourCar.com

Doing it

so let me get this straight…ive been wanting to vinyl wrap my cobra for a long long time…could you spray a whole car and a few months later take this dip off and have it not affect the original paint?

^ yes, that’s the whole point. just make sure your paint is super clean before you spray it

Rightooo ^^

what color benny?

going from dicktone tan to dirty asshole brown?

idk red would be cool I think.

it will take you forever to take it off your car. i took me a few hours to remove it from my center console.

It will peel in bigger sections from a car. Getting it out of tight areas would be a bitch. Also remember that Latex degrades quickly with alcohol so a little rubbing alcohol will probably loosen it up.
I think some Ford dashes are painted in latex from the factory. The green on my Mom’s Mountaineer peels like Latex.

Hey guys… this is Fonzie - thats my S4. I’ve dipped it in matte white, matte black and currently just did matte grey. Ran across this thread, wanted to offer any answers to any questions you may have regarding PlastiDip or and projects you are looking to do.

To start, it is a rubber spray, not latex. It lasts up to a year without fading or tearing. If enough coats are put on (4-5), it peels right back off in large pieces just as Johawk described.

how easy does it clean up?

i was thinking about doing the fender and lower fairing on my motorcycle in white.

Wish I used this on my civic last year ! Damn you Rhino Liner !!

It peels off in large pieces. If there is overspray - it buffs off with a soft towel. very easy, very forgiving.

this stuff seems awesome, welcome to shift and dont worry about the bs in this forum! i want to get a can of blue to try it out n see how it makes the faided hood on my sweet jimmy look, then if its good i was thin king of doing my chrome 19" c5 Z06 wheels in gunmetal

no i mean once its on, keeping the white nice and clean.

being down low on my bike, and given that my driveway is a 1/2 mile clay dirt road… shit gets dirty :lol

ha, i could imagine. easy to clean, simple car wash soap and water with a soft mitt/microfiber towel does the job

Subscribed.

After spraying the area is waxing required or just cleaning?

just simple wash with soap and water - no waxing at all

Amazing, so in a sense it protects your cars paint and chrome wheels?

YUP, i have it on a set of wheels