Drive a modified car in Canada, go to jail

Nitrous in your car? GO TO JAIL!

Even the government is getting in on the fun!

link isnt working

Edit: thx its good now

oops, fixed.

Nitrous oxide is sold legally through the Internet and performance shops. But it’s highly explosive.

ummmm, no its not. I love how they can just make shit up and use it to pass laws :bloated:

guess i’ll stay here…

i was under the assumption that it was only flamable when mixed with gas and air in the right mixure and not alone? then should ban old people carring o2 tanks bc pure oxygen is was more flamable what if two wheel chairs collide?

NOS!!!

They said it was “explosive”. It IS explosive. Hell, tank pressure is somewheres in the 1000psi range. That can leave a mark if it expodes. If or when it would explode (and the vehicle or whatever was on fire) it would do what it does in the cyl. of the engine…make the fire ALOT bigger.
Also, that is correct that N2O is not flammable. But, it DOES “fuel” a fire. Its cold air (very vaugely put)
With that in mind, I could see it being illegal to have in a street car (sorry guys) Image worse case senario a car is on fire and the fireman is fighting the blaze and all of a sudden that tank blows up?
Also, that guy wants to make it illegal all together. Thats just communist acting. Why the fug should it be illegal to be used on a race track. Thats just selfish and close minded thinking.

if your car is only fire, i think whoever is inside is already fucked.

why does every person assume O2 is flammable. OXYGEN IS NOT FLAMMABLE MORONS

read it!

It is not explosive. The bottle is not going to heat up to 50,000PSI and blow up like a 500lb bomb, stop watching the fast and the furious. The pressure release disk would blow out at around 3k PSI and vent all the gas out. And it is not going turn the car into a huge fireball like when the gas tank blows up.

If you want to say it is explosive because its under pressure, then i guess fire extinguishers and pop bottles shouldn’t be allowed in cars either since they could explode also.

:bloated:

Not an explosion related to an accident, but a cool read anyway.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.max-boost.co.uk/max-boost/images/NOS/NOS_bottle_explosion_article.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.max-boost.co.uk/max-boost/intake/NOS.htm&h=666&w=730&sz=114&hl=en&start=150&tbnid=NTubeDynvU4sqM:&tbnh=129&tbnw=141&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dfast%2Bfurious%2Bnos%26start%3D140%26gbv%3D2%26ndsp%3D20%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN

http://www.max-boost.co.uk/max-boost/images/NOS/NOS_bottle_explosion_article.jpg

who cares again THIS IS IN CANADA!
why on earth would you want to go there except to see full frontal nudity at their strip clubs?

its a law in canada let it be.

because a lot of people go to car events up there. Also not far fetched that it could give lawmakers here the idea to do the same.

They should do it here, street racing is gay.

Yep, NY is one of those states that will see someone pass a law and hop on the band wagon without thinking.

Excellent example, the current bill to ban incandescent bulbs. Great for the environment right? Well, on paper yes. The problem is the compact fluorescent bulbs have a small amount of mercury in them so they must be properly recycled. Not a big deal when greenies are buying them by choice, because they’ll properly dispose of them. When you force everyone to buy them though, a lot of them are going to end up in the trash. But NY will rush into mandating them, without even considering what’s going to happen when millions of New Yorkers start tossing these bulbs in the trash. Another green state (CA) did it, so we should too right?

So don’t put it past NY to do something like ban nitrous without doing any real research on the subject.

I bet that a full nitrous bottle and a fire is a BAD combination. Doesn’t stop me from using it when I feel like it though. If my car were to catch on fire with the bottle in it, I would get the hell away for sure. It may not be unreasonable to ban it in street cars, though I wouldn’t support that. At the track, it would be a different issue and that would be pure granny government meddling.

It is not explosive. The bottle is not going to heat up to 50,000PSI and blow up like a 500lb bomb, stop watching the fast and the furious.

I didnt get my info from "Fast and Furious". Maybe u just breezed through my post and swiftly decided to post your comment. But, I stand by what I said. IF (not too rare...not too common) a car fire DOES happen and the N2O bottle is overheated. Its not 100% for sure going to blow the pressure disk. If it does burst the disk, the gas comes out, and a fire is present, the fire is going to be shooting from that point like a torch. If the disk doesn't get to blow, maybe the bottle would explode, maybe it wouldnt but, I (like others have said) would not like to be close to it.