Drive a modified car in Canada, go to jail

used by street racers to increase engine horsepower. It’s sometimes carried in a tank hidden under a seat…

under da seat F2F stylz

HAHA this is pathidic

\so what does a car event like a car show need nitrous for? can you put the bottles on when you get there?

:gotme: i don’t see what the big deal is let the canadians do what they want as long as they leave us alone.

are you really that stupid? Do i really need to spell it out that people go up there to race? And how are you going to put a bottle on when you get there? The bottle has to get up there somehow, so im sure they will ticket you for even having it in the car regardless of if its hooked up or not. So if im trying to drive up to Toronto Motor Speedway and get pulled over, chances are they would fuck me over even though i was headed to a legal track.

And like i already stated, what would stop the retarded lawmakers here from looking at what canada did and doing the same thing here?

Yep, you got that one right! I am sure some do-gooder in Albany will be all over it. Just another chance to screw us with no lube and no ciggie after.

And i seriously want to know how many cars have exploded (cars, not engines from too big a shot) or people been injured as a direct result of a nitrous bottle exploding in a car.

um rick…

the articles clearly state that street-racing can put you in jail, or at least have yur car impounded…

it has nothing to do with people with modifed cars going to jail.

street-racing is ghey, like actual lining up and racing…

the occasional highway pull or spirited back-road jaunt is semi-dangerous and getting carried away SHOULD net at least a harsh traffic offence.

who cares about nitrous anyways… seriously.

Honestly, does anyone actually use that shit anymore? i mean anyone who isnt a homo.

if you want to go fast you either boost your motor (turbo or SC) or you stick a big ass V8 in it and you cut weight and do all kinds of other shit, i have actually never met anyone who i would take seriously that would even consider actually hooking up nitrous to their motor and then going out and street racing with it.

nitrous is all show.

did you read the article B? It’s the “street racing Act”, but this law means you get fined + jail regardless of whether they catch you in the act of street racing or not.

Act amended to ban use of explosion-prone nitrous tanks as booster on public roadways

Drivers caught using nitrous oxide to beef up their rides will face penalties of up to $2,000 in fines and up to six months in jail

It doesn’t get more specific than that. It didn’t say “people caught racing”. It said “drivers”.

don’t let the LS1 guys hear you say that too loud :mamoru:

I think nitrous is still used a lot. Cheap power adders won’t die anytime soon.

:picard:

Or you stick a big ass v8 in it with nitrous and make twice as much power as NA. A properly built nitrous setup is easily as effective in bigger engines as boost, at a fraction of the cost and without sacrificing daily drivability.

spoken like a true asshat. yeah we use it to be cool. i’ll use it at the track, one of which happens to be TMP. unless of course you think that the $5300 i’d spend on a procharger kit is more cost effective than the $450 on my nitrous kit? get your head out of your ass and think.

They all have there ups and downs.

Im sorry did you say something?

haha. bing rules.

So… if im in canada and get pulled over and a cop asks me to pop my trunk… Do i get screwed?

wow great, wtf do i do know for the GP show in toronto… FUCK

nitrous is only an oxidizer when it breaks down into oxygen at 400+ degrees F, ive only heard of nitrous tanks exploding from when people leave bottle heaters on them forever

^^^Thank you…Im done now. :cool:

no the disk pops, and the bottle pressure bleeds out.

explosion? WTF

lol. if you guys can’t see that bing said that about nitrous to get you guys riled up, you have bigger problems than someone on the internet.

noooooo really? [/sarcasm]

Doesnt make it any less if a douchebag comment

Yea… Youd think so, but i guess in some extreme cases it might be possible for the thing to blow… but its not going to make your car explode…

And i wouldnt call it ‘bleeds’ out, more like… ZOMGWTFBBQ did my tank explode? oh, no it just blew the disc…