Drones

They tried to find every law about it he broke but it was on private property and his little idea is past any laws around this so he essentially did nothing wrong. Cops and FAA were like… we got nothing.

Not saying we won’t see some major laws coming soon on weaponizing drones for civilian use.

Wow that one handles the recoil pretty well.

that’s fake as shit lol

if he was able to build something that good, then the US gov’t would already have them deployed in the middle east.

He is far from in the clear as far as the feds are concerned. FAA will find something to charge him with.

Or if some civillian is able to build something that good, imagine what the gov’t already has deployed in the middle east.

The investigation exists and they have been looking at it but they are unable to find anything. There is no laws regarding armed drones if you are obeying drone flight laws and firearm laws.

Still been researching thinking about building something like this

I really need to pick one of these racing quads up. I have a fair amount of RC from 2 planes, 4 or 5 helis and 4 or 5 truck/car/buggies.

I know some of these are hitting speeds up to about 60-70mph while racing.

Very interested in this.

Well I just ordered one last night the storm racing drone b with a 7 inch monitor a bunch of extra batteries and props.

Report back on how you like it. I’d say smart move on the props after seeing this video. Seems like every time the quad crashes, 2 props are snapped.

https://youtu.be/RlLM2JcCzo4

Where did you order from and why monitor vs FPV goggles?

Because I wanted to research other goggle options first and get a handle of without the goggles.

I know the drone is decent but I know there are better video options then what it comes with and need to mix and match parts.

I’d feel the monitor would be the best option to start with. If you aren’t comfortable at some point during the flight, you can take your eyes off the monitor and look up to see the quad. The goggles may throw you off on where the quad is, having to remove them to look around.

Want to see some amazing and expensive shipping :lol:

It will be here today

- [RIGHT]Aug 24, 201507:58 am
[/RIGHT]

[INDENT=4]With delivery courierDHL ExpressROCHESTER - MONROE,NY-USA
[/INDENT]

- [RIGHT]Aug 24, 201506:53 am
[/RIGHT]

[INDENT=4]Arrived at Delivery Facility in ROCHESTER - MONROE,NY-USADHL ExpressROCHESTER - MONROE,NY-USA
[/INDENT]

- [RIGHT]Aug 24, 201506:26 am
[/RIGHT]

[INDENT=4]Transferred through ROCHESTER - MONROE,NY-USADHL ExpressROCHESTER - MONROE,NY-USA
[/INDENT]

- [RIGHT]Aug 23, 201507:26 pm
[/RIGHT]

[INDENT=4]Departed Facility in CINCINNATI HUB,OH-USADHL ExpressCINCINNATI HUB,OH - USA
[/INDENT]

- [RIGHT]Aug 23, 201507:25 pm
[/RIGHT]

[INDENT=4]Processed at CINCINNATI HUB,OH-USA ROCDHL ExpressCINCINNATI HUB,OH - USA
[/INDENT]

- [RIGHT]Aug 23, 201505:53 pm
[/RIGHT]

[INDENT=4]Processed at CINCINNATI HUB,OH-USA ROCDHL ExpressCINCINNATI HUB,OH - USA
[/INDENT]

- [RIGHT]Aug 23, 201501:47 pm
[/RIGHT]

[INDENT=4]Processed at CINCINNATI HUB,OH-USADHL ExpressCINCINNATI HUB,OH - USA
[/INDENT]

- [RIGHT]Aug 23, 201501:47 pm
[/RIGHT]

[INDENT=4]Clearance processing complete at CINCINNATI HUB,OH-USADHL ExpressCINCINNATI HUB,OH - USA
[/INDENT]

- [RIGHT]Aug 23, 201512:20 am
[/RIGHT]

[INDENT=4]Arrived at Sort Facility CINCINNATI HUB,OH-USADHL ExpressCINCINNATI HUB,OH - USA
[/INDENT]

- [RIGHT]Aug 22, 201506:34 am
[/RIGHT]

[INDENT=4]Departed Facility in HONG KONG - HONG KONGDHL ExpressHONG KONG - HONG KONG
[/INDENT]

- [RIGHT]Aug 22, 201505:57 am
[/RIGHT]

[INDENT=4]Processed at HONG KONG - HONG KONG CVGDHL ExpressHONG KONG - HONG KONG
[/INDENT]

- [RIGHT]Aug 21, 201508:28 pm
[/RIGHT]

[INDENT=4]Processed at HONG KONG - HONG KONGDHL ExpressHONG KONG - HONG KONG
[/INDENT]

- [RIGHT]Aug 21, 201506:41 pm
[/RIGHT]

[INDENT=4]Arrived at Sort Facility HONG KONG - HONG KONGDHL ExpressHONG KONG - HONG KONG
[/INDENT]

- [RIGHT]Aug 21, 201502:54 am
[/RIGHT]

[INDENT=4]Arrived at Sort Facility HONG KONG - HONG KONGDHL ExpressHONG KONG - HONG KONG
[/INDENT]

- [RIGHT]Aug 21, 201501:18 am
[/RIGHT]

[INDENT=4]Departed Facility in HONG KONG - HONG KONGDHL ExpressHONG KONG - HONG KONG
[/INDENT]

- [RIGHT]Aug 21, 201501:16 am
[/RIGHT]

[INDENT=4]Processed at HONG KONG - HONG KONG HKGDHL ExpressHONG KONG - HONG KONG
[/INDENT]

- [RIGHT]Aug 20, 201511:28 pm
[/RIGHT]

[INDENT=4]Processed at HONG KONG - HONG KONGDHL ExpressHONG KONG - HONG KONG

[/INDENT]

Left Hong Kong at 5:57AM and arrived in OH at 6:34AM the same day. 37 minute flight huh? Have to love the miracle of time zones.

hey some pointers, some obvious, some maybe not so obvious. i’ve got the helipal drone and i’ve been flying it when I can (NYC is really tough for this hobby)

• the monitor is easier cuz u can look up and see whats up - landing in a tight space is tough with goggles the first time. although some people suck at knowing what way the drone is facing, and monitor/goggle is easier. those people are weird.
  • dont buy the helipal blades, just reference those size numbers and buy other brands, try them, theyre cheaper and stronger. i recommend trying 60 instead of 50 size, when youre ready, its like a whole new level of speed
  • i broke a lot of shit learning and crashing. get ready to get the soldering iron out. first few days are gonna be brutal. everything is mostly cheap to fix though.
  • IBCrazy bluebeams are a MUST do mod. your range and clarity on FPV will be awful without good antennas and these are the best i’ve found.
  • great second mod - better FPV transmitter for much better range
  • goggles are SUPER fun. i have the skyzones and I like them.
  • buy a fuck ton of props, you will break a million first week ha
  • mobius camera is a nice mod. double sided sticky tape on the top, zip tie, record flights in 1080p for 65 bucks.

one last word of caution. always think, if it shuts off and crashes right now, will i be able to recover this drone? if you go around a solid wall or something, it’ll lose signal and straight up crash. be aware so u don’t lose your drone. also, respect others property. this shit is going to get regulated soon, but let’s try and keep it respectful so we don’t make politicians want to take it away even faster. stupid I know, but I would hate to be unable to fly FPV legally.

my chroma 4k finally came in on Wednesday, along with my Losi 5T on the same day go figure.

so far I realized buying the 4k camera was a bad idea. I should have just stuck with the 1080 version, luckily it will run 4k and anything less. I threw a 64g card in it and did a few fly by’s at 1080p. picture was ok, but I think 720@60fps might be better for online. still toying with this.
it has 2 modes, one is a flying for dummies mode. you move the stick to you, it moves to you, if you move it left drone goes left no matter if its flying at you, or away from you. the ‘angle mode’ is much more fun, it is based on the standard flying/surface if its flying at you, and the front of the dronbe is coming at you, you push left, it turns left but goes to your right. this can be a little confusing but that’s why the drone has lights on it so you can tell which is absolute front and back of drone… I have never flew a drone or anything in the air before this, using angle mode got a little confusing in tight places at times. but only had a few small crashes. I got prop guards but they don’t protect the blades when it lands in a flower bed.

tomorrow I have a party down in conesus and taking the drone and the Losi so it should be interesting…

Andddd

Now you have to register your drones

https://www.faa.gov/uas/registration/