Erie County Pistol permit - opinions needed

Yes, it’s state wide, but you have to get yours in Erie. Which is the fun part… I’m about to start mine up again after having my CT permit expire after moving back to NY. Not having many friends in the town of West Seneca sucks only having moved here not too long ago makes it difficult too. Town PD will only interview in YOUR town, so if you cannot produce friends of X# of years in the town you live in, stonewall.

Not true. I had references from both Elma and EA on my paperwork. They all got called within a half hour, all on the same day. Maybe some towns are different, but no big deal in EA.

I’m not reading all the responces.
On the app itself just put hunting and target, see attached.
Make it something personal and tie training in with it. Your can’t be to generic, The letter must contain something personal to you for your reasoning.
I have a full page typed up. I had a lawyer overlook it for me and make some changes.
If worse comes to worse, you will get hunting and target, take some training classes over a year and apply for your CCW, they normally lift it after a year anyway.

Correct. At my pistol permit course they told everyone to contact their town PD and ask if out of town references would be accepted, and they also mentioned that the answer is almost always yes.

Guess it depends on if your local PD wants to contact the references via phone or IRL.

If I remember right it was Cheektowaga that wanted the references to be in town. I know for a fact Amherst only cared that they were in Erie County.

Just got my letter granting me a Full Carry permit in Niagara County! Now to find something to put on my hip.

I’m late to the party here, but for my paperwork (for Monroe County), I put down personal protection and hunting. My dad does some of the processing for a neighboring county and said this should be fine to get my CC.

You guys outside Erie County are really pissing me off. :frowning:

You’re telling me. My friend who owns a shop in Catt county, walked in, walked out, and went and bought a Glock the same day.

:fffuuu: I’m in genesee.

bump, what was the outcome? any news yet? I am handing in my application tomorrow.

You’ll shoot your eye out kid. But really though Erie county and NY sucks when it comes to any paperwork.

By the time you get stuff back from NYS you’ll be applying for a laser pistol permit Luke Skywalker.

Niagara county my father had his in 2.5 months

I need to move to Niagara county!

Erie county won. The process kept me from applying. I grew up in niagara county and didn’t feel like going through the process of getting approval to have my references outside of Cheektowaga. My partner at work applied when I posted this, had 2 of his cop brothers pull strings to get his pushed through. He still does not have his permit as of today. Its all a fucking game.

In freedom loving PA not only can you just open carry everywhere but Philly with no permit at all…but it also only takes days to get the cc maybe even less if you catch the sheriff at the right time

tell me about it, It sucks to do everything to cheektowaga standards. I had 3 of the references from cheektowaga, and the 4th was out of cheektowaga so i had to call the police station to get the approval for the one reference. Anything over 1 reference from outside of cheektowaga, you have to write into the leutentant and tell him why, and hope he approves it. By the time its all said and done, I will have spent $175 just to get the application and finger printing. 50 for class 20 for application fee, 105 for digital finger printing. What a crazy amount of hoops to jump through. I am just happy that the notary for all the signatures was free!

If you think the application process is expensive, wait till you start buying firearms!

X2

Genesee county took me 3 months to the day, from paperwork handed in to permit in hand.