Extreme Home Makeover: Buffalo Edition

All i keep reading is DAVIDS HOME SEX!!!

pretty cool though.

how long before the house is robbed/drive-by?

So, they killed the nice new tree out front for a better shot for their T.V. show?

Check out the street view…

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&source=hp&q=228+massachusetts+ave,+buffalo+ny&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=228+Massachusetts+Ave,+Buffalo,+NY+14213&gl=us&ei=WZX3Stj4E5n48Qaa36ShAQ&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CAoQ8gEwAA

:tdown:

Wife and I signed up yet to be called… will be interesting to see what they do to the lot being it a small inner city one.

THAT is the lot they have to work with? There’s a house behind that tree??? Quite possibly the smallest lot ever.

10 story house? That looks to be the only way to make it decent sized

I met David Stapleton at Best Buy on Saturday night. I didnt know who he was until i went online today I thought he was just a voulunteer.

He told me that the foundation is pre cast and a lot of the house is already built, kind of like a modular home. He looked pretty tired on day one LOL

God that neighborhood is so shitty. I give it a week min. before the new house is trashed/broken into/looks like it does now.

+132423432423423

Several neighbors were out on their porches this morning, as the crew’s vans and vehicles moved in.

“It is a blue-collar, working neighborhood, a melting pot,” said English, a 20-year resident. “It is not a bad neighborhood.”

So do all these blue-collar working neighborhood melting pot people all work the graveyard shift? How are they on their porches on a weekday morning?

They will build it only to have the house catch on fire and on the news the following week.

I’m expecting something simliar, except in my brain I see the place being filled with high end electronics and appliances and they all get stolen.

Or, since the family is already tight on money maybe they’ll sell all of the good stuff from the house as soon as they come back home? (If they’re smart…)

That house isn’t exactly in the safest of places. And they’re already poor. I kind of feel sorry for the family rather than “Wow, that’s awesome that they’re getting a new home and all new stuff!” Instead they just become targets to the other people around them… either of hate due to jealousy or from people who are desperate.

In order to work the graveyard shift don’t you have to have a job first? I’m pretty sure all of these people are on welfare or unemployment. That neighborhood sucks.

I was gonna make a reference about polishing a turd but then again I modded a Neon.

Oh you mean the news is trying to portray that area as being hard working under paid ghetto while in reality it is a slum full of lazy leaches of society?

Yes that is what I meant…

Also…do you think that the family will be able to afford the taxes after their house value jumps from $7,000 to $50,000?

I always thought it would be cool to buy an entire block in Buffalo destroy the houses and build a kick ass house. I’d build a 12’ tall electric fence as a start to the construction.

I haven’t been following this very close, so excuse me if I don’t have my fact straight, but she had 4 kids she couldn’t afford and volunteers some time instead of using that time to make money and somehow this qualifies her for a free house?

There wasn’t some family dealing with some awful disease, or a war vet, or someone in a bad car accident anywhere in WNY?

I live on the east side. My house is assessed at just over $34,000 according to Buffalo and my taxes are about $650 for the year.

I’ll be there 10AM-6PM tomorrow…

Debating…wear NYSpeed.com shirt, or something Sabres related…

Pretty sure that all that stuff gets taken care of by sponsors as well.

What does it matter, don’t you have a wear a blue extreme make over shirt anyway?

Oh, I get it. It’s like “Pimp My Ride”, but for houses! Brilliant!