Firearm BS thread

Yea, shes considering keeping now after talking with me after i posted.

2 Likes

I might be interested in the 700 if she changes her mind.

1 Like

I believe they can be freely given to his children w/o state involvement.

2 Likes

Will start with 2.
Just have to arrange payment/meetup

Working in the same neighborhood as last year. Will be on vacation until 2nd week of April.

Finally blocked off some time to break in a new barrel for the upcoming season. Havent run a round through this one since October.

2 Likes

1 Like

Rumor has it, the US is switching from the production of weapons used in the desert to those used on water…

Also, last week I learned that Palmetto State Armory will not sell to NY residents even in store.
They have a list of states and what cannot be sold. Magazines/ammo etc.

They ID everyone who uses a credit card, so if anyone wants to buy ammo in store, use cash

This image shows the disturbing condition of our military as a whole. We should ALL be alarmed as other country’s are surely seeing this as well.

This is a direct result of the fat whore in Albany using OUR TAX DOLLARS against our constitutional rights. Remember, we’re funding the continued degredation of our rights. While I don’t approve of any company watching their bottom line, watching their bottom line will eventually sink them.

1 Like

I need to buy some 16 ga and 12 ga shells.
What do people use when they start trap shooting?

Might be a fun activity for the wife and I with my daughters Benelli.
If it is something that can be done on a Friday someplace its a good ‘fresh start Friday’ activity I can plan around.

My experience is 12 or 20 gauge are the most popular with 12 ga being most readily available. Im not sure which model Benelli youre referencing. Not all “shotguns” are a good option for trap shooting.

Our club calendar lists days offered to the public with Tuesdays usually the night for more experienced participants. I believe Hamburg offers Friday’s open to the public.

1 Like

Its just a Benelli Nova, but it’s 100% better than not having one.
Definitely not looking to compete. Just looking for a good time :wink:

1 Like

Ugh, trap shooting is addicting and way more expensive than I originally intended lol.

There are few “ecomonical” shooting activities. Big brother has helped make it become more so.

2 Likes

Big brother definitely hasn’t helped but like every other hobby the minute you start competing against other people if you have a competitive streak at all the costs can explode real quick as you look for an edge.

$40 for 100 rounds for clays isn’t terrible, plus maybe $20-50 depending on the club, probably cheaper then golf?? I use an old Winchester 12g pump action, it was cheap. I’m not winner any championships tho lol

1 Like

That sounds like a fun couple of hours.
Golf is worse than firearms… If you like nice golf courses, it is incredibly expensive and you get paired up with strangers. The most I ever paid was $200 for the wife and I in south Carolina.

Its usually ~$75-80 total with cart for us at Niagara County
I will never join a country club, because I cannot make the math work so that it is worth it.

Pay 10-50k/year AND pay greens fees, cart rental with mandatory spend requirements in their restaraunt. Wealthy people are dumb :slight_smile: .

My in laws are members at two country clubs, Wanaka and whatever Briarwood is now, it’s crazy.

1 Like

Nice. My wife’s aunt’s husband is a member at Wanaka.
We have never been invited to play there. but he does give me a ton of balls he finds.

They just bought a condo in Bradenton FL with a golf course.

Nice place, but too rich for my blood. Homeowners fees, all the club fees etc.
If they bough the place 4 years earlier, it would have saved them 200k.

Edit: To circle back to firearm bs… I fire golf balls into the woods/wrong fairways like it’s my job