FireFox bandwagon

Don is around, saw him post on the VW site…

Fuck Don

wife:D

Nice edit sonny. had nothing to do with don

Roffle… it was a jab at starboy, but i don’t need to be a dick!

good for you ?!?

Chrome > ff, ie safari etc

chrome will become the next firefox

Opera >*

I switched to FF about 8 months ago because a few on here suggested it. I decided that I like it alot until I got a new PC, and could not get the same version I had on my old system. Now I hate it. It looks different, it doesn’t retain settings, & it seems slower. I get alot of lockups, too.

I uninstalled & reinstalled it but no better. I guess I’ll have to wait for updates to maybe fix it.

I still like it better than IE7,8. My work PC uses IE6 still (because our web based management s/w sucks ass). I actually like IE6.

You like the worst browser known to man, “Fact.”

I can not even get updates through IE for XP. XP sites said to have updates tilll 2011 :wtf:

I do not have patience for IE microsoft site. I have waited 45 minutes no go to search my computer.

Deleted IE and ohwell, go till my software goes obsolete.

ROFL how can that be fact? netscape? yap? epiphany? safari? omnibrowser?

maybe you suck at life?

also, you can’t gracefully delete IE from windows, so yeah…

chrome is more than that… as it’s already it’s own OS as well.

opera is sweet, i also liked maxthon.

Sorry maybe I should of said worst mainstream browser ever made. Hell even Netscape interprets code better then IE6, and has a better box model. Tell me how you screw something up this badly?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/64/W3C_and_Internet_Explorer_box_models.svg/300px-W3C_and_Internet_Explorer_box_models.svg.png

well that is an official bug of IE5, not 6… but i hear you… M$ does what they want… i mean CSS was newer than IE so in the end, the browser was developed before the standard was set… it was resolved in later versions…

i’m not a huge windows fanboy or anything, the reality behind it is that they are the corporate leader in these technologies… where i currently work has a huge internet presence and we run it all on solaris… in the end, the website code has so much custom browser and version checks that it’s unreal… the same crisis exists for java versions.

What is actually comical about it is that when the w3c came along and made the standard, a lot of people didn’t feel the need to adhere to it (ie)… so a bunch of coders for the past 10 years have been taking strides to account for IE and it’s ‘issues’ and have built these complex websites to manage these browsers… IE8 dumped all the custom Microsoft oddities and went straight w3c… and now all the developers are jacked because they spent years to build castles of code to handle IE and its’ all throw away. We are actually throwing firefox code to ie8 to render it correctly… haha

Trust me, I’m with you… but I can’t just hate on IE / Microsoft, there are many many iterations of browsers that chose not to adhere to w3c standards that have caused rendering issues… I’m pretty sure that there are more lines of code to test attributes of browsers for rendering than there is actual content on our website… haha…

Lynx is my favorite browser.

:rofl:

And fshowcars is right, Microsoft will continue to dominate for the forseeable future.

Linux is WAY too complicated for end users.
Mac’s functionality is way too limited for an enterprise environment.

I foresee a huge collapse in Intel, AMD, Microsoft, Mac here in the future. If the White man speaks the truth.

whoa whoa whoa whoa… hold the phone there starboy. I never would call it a collapse, more of a shift. Streaming OS is inevitable it is all how the major companies will react, AMD and Google seem to be a head of the curve right now. Meeting with Intel is on Monday so we will see there thoughts. Feel free to create another thread if you want this discussion to go on.

back on topic… Browsers all have certain sucks about them. I prefer Chrome right now because of the multiple process threads it creates. I am not a die hard Chrome fan though so if someone comes out with say a 64 bit browser that works. I will probably go that way.

Maxthon was the shit Sonny. Threaded browsing in that worked great until the backend IE code started getting all screwy.

God damn you are a grumpy person. IE is gone. search my user agent shit through who’s online fucktard

Opera/9.80 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) Presto/2.2.15 Version/10.10

Anywhere it say MSIE? it’s gone after I tried upgrading XP.

example of a person who has MSIE installed but does not use
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)

So fuck off

shaggy i’m not grumpy… it’s just that you cannot remove the browser from the operating system without a lot of hassle… and from what i understand, it is not supported by microsoft… that’s all.

if something got seriously fucked up and you aren’t seeing IE, then that might make sense… it’s so integrated into the OS i just feel as though it’s still there somewhere :slight_smile:

I never said Google wasn’t, I see Google taking over in the next couple of years.