FREE Track Time and Class! Anyone interested?

TTD’s Bike Prep link: http://www.tonystrackdays.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=99

Looks like they do require hose clamp and wire on spin on filters.

Days are coming up waaaay too quick.

So have you guys figured out how to mount your camera?

Just wondering.

Nope, Vlad hasn’t even ordered his gear or taken the cage off the bike hes hoping to ride at the track day. Its going to be a hectic few days for him it seems.

On another note, both my parents and my GF decided they wanted to go so I rented a second room at the same hotel and we will be going up in the truck towing my bike. We are hoping to leave here around 4 PM on Monday, Rocket when are you hoping on going up?

Can’t remember the last time I did anything early or even on time.

I can see myself taking the cage off there :lol

Just as a reminder

ESSENTIAL ITEMS:
Helmet
Leathers/Riding Suit
Back Protector
Boots
Gloves
Bike
Bike Key
Earplugs

SUGGESTED ITEMS:
Extra Fuel (assuming you’re not riding to the track)
Basic Tools
Extra Shirts
Extra Socks
Safety Wire
Zip Ties
Duct Tape
Chair
Watch (in case you’re not near our clock)
Extra Cash (ATM’s are not always nearby)

I should have a few gas cans I’ll bring along.
Chairs area always a plus.
I’ve got a cooler I’ve bought for the Lemons series which functions very well and kept the drinks cold for 3 days sitting in the trunk.
Steel wool will be on the list as well.

Now I just have to get the damn cage off and make sure the bike is legit.

Suit and boots are ordered

Closeout
http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/images/InitialSet/SG-1-1PC--BK.jpg

http://e-commerce.unila.ac.id/%7Euser65/jomla/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/Sidi_vertigo_4965850f5fb6a.jpg

Finally.

Rocket, you were saying something about Free Track time?

I’m still waiting on that part :lol

My budget is a bigger mess than the global economy.

Hey all,

Just came across this thread, so figured I’d post up.

It looks like most of you are all set, but if there’s any questions still out there, I’d be happy to answer them.

Even though I’ve been doing this for many years, I can still recall my first time on the track… so I know what you’re all feeling. :excited :eek3 :wow :eek

One thing I did see was the camping fee was wrong. Someone posted up the fee for NASCAR days…that is not us. For our trackdays, camping is free as noted on our website.

Personally, I’ll be at the Red Roof :thumbup

Anyway, I’ll try to check in here, but certainly emailing me from my website will get you the fastest answers.

And remember, if you’re doing the second day only, it’s a good idea to get to the track by 5:30PM on the day before. We do a trackwalk at that time which might help you out for your day. We also do tech inspection so you can get that done the night before too.

Tony
www.TonysTrackDays.com

Damn, if thats not personalized service…

:thumbup

We aim to please.

Tony
www.TonysTrackDays.com

Rocket when are you planning on leaving for the track? Are you hoping to get there in time for the 5:30 track walk?

So has everyone got their transport sorted?

Neo. I probably won’t be leaving around 5 or 6, it will probably be 9:30~10 by the time I got to red roof. Glad to see your family can join you.

Vlad. That is some nice gear there! I would also pack rain gear, just in case. Yeah, I forgot to add “just pay separate shipping, lodging and equipment” to the free track time…LOL. I also spent a chunk.

Tony. Thanks for clarifying the camping thing. Yes, I did look up the camping info on NHMS’s site. Work schedule won’t allow me to get there that early for the course walk, but I did watch some of yours NHMS videos on YT.

While the track walk is nice, it’s certainly not necessary. We do a full 30 minutes of Follow the Leader for all first timers to the track.

This lets you learn the track at a nice easy pace, while following your instructor.

I urge you to use this time wisely. It will feel like you’re going very slow and you might be tempted to let your mind wander.

We go slow for a reason. We want you to be looking at the track and picking out reference points. You can’t do this if you’re going fast.

When you go back on the track next time, you won’t have someone to follow. Those that “wasted” the follow the leader time will then go faster, and quickly find out they are “lost” on the track.

Those that paid attention to the line and actually learned where to be on the track… will be much smoother.

Unless you have a real small bike (like a 250cc), you can pretty much do the whole follow the leader session in one gear (2nd or 3rd). Not worrying about shifting will greatly help you concentrate on the track.

Finally, a word about the Red Roof inn and trailers. Make sure you park in a legal area. Usually, this means the large grassy area out back.

If you pull your trailer across several spots, or park in a fire lane, you will wake up to a ticket.

Also, if you arrive before 8PM or so, you might want to check in to the Red Roof, but then shoot down the road to the track and unload. This will make your morning go easier. It’s about 8 miles from the RR to the track.

Hope this helps, and feel free to email me with any urgent questions. Keep in mind I leave for the track early Sunday and don’t do much emailing until I return on Wednesday. :thumbup

Tony - Thank you very much for all the information, as Neo has mentioned that is unprecedented customer service, at least in my book.

Looks like the Gsxr is in the need of new tires and if I don’t find a good deal locally, I’ll end up doing the change on the track. The bike feels solid, however I’m still not feelig confident on it because of the cage, which hopefully will be off today.

Rocket, how big is the van? I don’t like going out there without complete confidence in the machine so if possible I’ll bring the Sv as well as a backup. It may not be a race machine but I know one thing, it hasn’t done me wrong in 30,000 miles.

Thanks for the tips Tony, you’re helping to alleviate a lot of the anxiousness that I and I’m sure everyone is feeling as our first track day approaches.

Vlad do you have enough tie straps for two bikes even? Did you check out the back protect your wanting to use?

From what I understand it’s CE2 approved and has been used on track days by people.

http://www.johnsonleather.com/forcefield_back_protector.htm

http://www.johnsonleather.com/images/forcefield_back_NEW_2.jpg

The van is big enough for 3 bikes, it will be a bit crowded, but it should all fit. Tying all the bikes down might need some creative thinking, not to mention having enough tie downs (I am getting a set for my bike, just so you know). The only thing better than bringing spare parts is to bring a spare bike…LOL.

The forcefield back protector is top end stuff, I think Oleg has one. It is out of my price range. Actually…at this point everything is out of my price range, LOL. I will be using the CE protector that came with the suit, but I do plan on getting one in the future and a good CE chest protector too. :thumbup

Oleg won’t have one during the for the event, because I’m borrowing his :lol
I did not realize they cost that much either :wow

I have a bunch of tie downs ~7 that I know on hand, I lost a set somewhere around the garage when I brought the 636 over from Computrack.

If it’s a serious issue, I’ll leave the bike out, otherwise, I’m bringing it down can’t hurt to have a spare one between 3 people.

I feel ya on everything being out of your price range, I had to think twice when looking at $1.29 piece of candy, then the brain won the battle with the stomach once the wallet joined the fight on the Allies side with the brain.