FREE Track Time and Class! Anyone interested?

Seriously…and someone write a novel about the track experience. Would love to hear it first hand. Probably won’t be able to swing it this year but can’t wait for next year…

Where to begin even, we woke up to drizzling cold rain at like 6 and got our selves over to the track. I know I was quite bummed out to
wake up to the rain. I had gotten teched the night before but Vlad and Aaron didn’t grt there in time so they had to get them selves all ready in time and tech. Vlad somehow managed to get both bikes ready in time and passed througj tech.

From there we had the riders meeting with it still cool and rainy at like 8, no big news in that other than it will still be a good day even with the rain. From there we went into our beginers meeting to learn the track basics like passing rules and how to enter tje track properly.

More to come later, I’m sick of typing on an Iphone hahah.

I might be able to work something out at the office.

Bryan, will you be going by yourself to the track day in August? and are you doing just 1 track day? Wondring if I could load my bike on your truck and split the fuel. Let me know what you think.

Thanks.

I might be able to work something out at the office.

Bryan, will you be going by yourself to the track day in August? and are you doing just 1 track day? Wondering if I could load my bike on your truck and split the fuel. Let me know what you think.

Thanks.

Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdAFZGeXkEc

That pretty much summed up our first experience.

If you’ve ever went to any track day either with cars or bikes, going at speed in a safe and contained environment is what you will be doing. The MAJOR difference between car and bike track days is you will spend much less time stuck in slower traffic than with cars since bikes are much smaller and will have more room to pass. If you are in anything other than the RED group, that will even be less of an issue as passing rule are less strict.

The only problem I had with my 250 is I will be right up at someone’s rear in the twisty stuff and when I try to pass in the relatively short straights, I really don’t have the power to do it if I am not already almost side by side at the entry of the straight, but that is really the nature of being in the red group due to more people are intended to be going at a much easier speed. I am presuming once I am in the yellow group, getting stuck in traffic will not be an issue with my 250.

I’m going just the Monday session borrowing my father’s truck to tow the Uhaul trailer again. I’ll ask him about putting the bike in the truck but I know he was very apprehensive about Vlad putting the gixxer in the back so I could get tires put on for him for the last track day. Also I don’t have any of the required gear for you to get it in the back, being ramps or extra tie downs.

No problem man, in that case you don’t have to ask him again. :thumbup

BTW, I own that ramp that we brought, so in case you ever need it just let me know.

Tony. How soon do you need the email for the $200 to be in effect? :ponder

Just wondering thanks.

X2!

If I just wanted to take the SV I’d only need a rear set and a lever.

Getting a hitch installed next week. If you decided to go we can get a utility trailer, or even an enclosed one. Otherwise I can just get a single bike trailer like the one Bryan got before. :thumbup

I am excited simply talking about getting back on the track!!! :ahh:ahh:ahh:ahh

Two bike trailers are plentiful and cheap, I’m still struggling to find a 3 bike one. Most likely would have to be a utility trailer of sorts.

Hurry up and get one Vlad, I would love to not have to drive by my self Sunday night, ride all day, drive home Monday night and than go to work on Tuesday.

If you do decide to go Aaron we should deff quickly look into a dual bike trailer, would make the ride much easier on both of us.

or just rent a trailer. It is so cheap, a 4x7 will fit two bikes for $15.

I really don’t want just a two bike, especially if I plan to keep bringing both bikes to a track day just in case. That would mean that I would occupy the whole trailer and ride alone.

However with a 3 bike, I can put both of my bikes on there and still have another rider come along with his bike.

A 3 bike trailer with 3 bikes on it, you will need to make sure whatever is towing had the capacity. If you car can only handle 2000lbs, it will be too much. I know the smallest Uhaul trailers alone weights 700 lbs.

Fucker post the pictures.

Aaron are you sure it would fit two bikes? Do you have tie downs for your own bike?

Edit: Will it fit the two bikes comfortably? I’m a bit anal and paranoid about trailering my bike hahah.

LOL, I am not surprised why you are asking, given what we had to do last time with the van…:lol:lol

Yes, I do have a set of tie downs myself. 4x7 will be a tight fit.

If Vlad decided to go, we will need two cars anyway, so it might be better to tow your triumph like you did last time with a proper bike trailer.

Otherwise, going one size up from 4x7 to 5x8 should do the trick to fit 2 bikes comfortably.

Vlad, will you be trying to fix the SV so you can make it?

I watched that, was just curious about what you all thought about it. I saw Vlad’s pics/vid in the other thread. Looks like a great time. :thumbup

I’ve been less toying with the idea of going and more wishful thinking.

Just doing very rough quick math in my head, I’m not going to go, but Tony thank you for the enticing offer. I’ve had a blast the first time, and I’m definitely going sometime next year, but right now I just want to get the finances back in order and be better prepared for the next time.

Right now I should work more and spend less to recover while track day will force me to take days off work and spend more, which is extremely counter productive to the main goal :lol

I would have to say the event is very well organized. Individual sessions are well timed to give you enough track time in one shot but not too much so it will wear you out. I also like the fact that they don’t waste time doing a full lunch break, so the sessions are continuous from the first one to the last one with bikes running on track 100% of the time.

It is basically a very well run event if you want to get you foot in the door of tracking bikes.