Gauging interest in Drift Event

Benny likes men :ohnoes

good damnit, I was about to delete it and then tone it down hahaha, o well whatever.

I’m in a pissy mood if you can’t tell

ive seen one “action shot” but all you see is a car sideways.

stand by for foto upload

fixed

yea I have also wondered about his credentials, and believe me I’d like to be proved wrong.

and damonspeeds, why are you acting like you are involved in this? I appreciate your unbridled enthusiasm, but myself, wallace, and tungsten have put a lot of effort into this event. We aren’t doing this to look cool to people on shift, or to anyone for that matter. We enjoy drifting, we had no place to do it, so we started investigating. But at the same time, if other people start claiming they are involved that aren’t, it confuses the whole process and makes it a giant clusterfuck as to what is true information and what is false.

so please, visit this thread, come to events, shred some tires, but don’t tale credit for something you haven’t been even a minute involved in.

/end rant

he’s also convinced we’re going to have a sweet 16 style competition :rofl

yea I am concerned to meet up to “expectations” of some people on the site.

so we are clear:

D1 drift event=this is not one

YES I just want PRACTICE

I dream of a lot with no cops, unlimited cone options, and lots. and LOTS. of tire smoke.

the sound of a few nissans, bmw’s, and yota’s will definitely spice up the experience though :slight_smile:

we share the same dream fizzle, the same vision

oh and what’s the deal with insurance and the overall cost of this whole deal?

Like what should we be expecting to pay, and how much time are we going to get?

We gonna like set up a course and do auto-x style?

when one run is finished next car goes…with spotters for the cones, etc?

yea pretty much be set up and ran like an autocross event, where we set a course up and everyone helps out throughout the event. We are looking for it to be about 5-6hrs and probably cost in the 60-70 dollar range. Don’t quote me on that considering we are waiting to hear back from two other insurance options.

Ugh, insurance is a big hurdle.

small drift meeting sat and maybe a drift session on the way to a local pub if the snow/shit holds off on sat!

i need another set of yoko’s mine are spanked after last weekend. can anyone get good deals on tires? 205/45/16

I have to work in schenectady at 3, til 11, we could meet up somewhere in malta/bspa, I know a few areas on the way to schenec and we could go to pinhead susan’s or something, either way somebody get ahold of me.

pm me your number. if the guys stay over long enough ( gtg is starting at 5) i’ll def get ahold of ya.if not maybe we can go out on sunday off of exit 17.

sigh i have to work allday saturday.

I really just want a place where i can attempt to do more than just kick the ass of my car out around a corner and see how long i can hold it there

do you e-brake and get sideways then turn in or do you turn in to the corner then clutch kick?

go to parts unlimited in b-spa. big lot with a few light poles. go after 10 if you can.