Gauging interest in Drift Event

nice… so come on down to the drift event and shred some tires!

srsly.

and 40 psi? pff that’s pussy shit I tried fifty on a set of 17s

that weren’t mine, of course.

damn that was a good time, think slightly more traction than good snows, on snow.

awesometastic. I’ll be running 45 for the event probably. :rofl

i run 40psi on a daily and 50 when i drift.

Short wheelbase is a slight problem considering the lack of experience =(

have to start somewhere.

dont be a vagin…do it :number1

i started when i was 15 with my dads old 300D. :slight_smile:

then i e braked every car there after (owned fwd) up until the 240. rwd ftw.

I hear you man… Yesterday coming home in the slush- downshift to 2nd going down a hill, let out the clutch without matching revs, upset the rear a teeny bit and WOW I’m in the incoming lane!? Newb sauce FTL

Archie!!! send me a text tomorrow to remind me to check for a battery. I was at the shop today and I forgot.

do we have a date? and where is the info on their site?

it’s not up yet. we are meeting up on sat to talk about everything so you will know the dates and most the info come monday morning.

it won’t be up until next week, probably by Wednesday according to Howard.

I’m surprised it’s not on the dragway schedule already.

Btw there are 4 dates. 2 ours 2 joe’s.

4 dates!! Awesome!!!

brought to you by your neighborhood friends @ Drift Hustle

lol

^ for some reason that made me lol

So if I show up with studded snow tires on my awd subaru will I pass tech?

This has nothing to do with this thread, but since its a drift thread i figured id put this here. I see way too many people throwing the word “Drift” around on this site. People think that just because they lay their car sideways they are “drifting”. I dont know why, but that bothers me… Maybe Its because of my love for the sport, maybe its because im just a dickhead. I dont know, I dont care. Mainly this is for the people that cant waint untill it snows to go “drift” their cars…

There are many misconceptions about the sport of drifting. Drifting is not simply sliding a car’s tail out under power in the middle of or after a turn. Drifting is not simply spinning your tires. Drifting is not doing “donuts”. The loss of traction alone does not mean that you are drifting. Drifting is not simply a technique to be applied – there is a mentality involved as well. Drifting, in the simplest sense, is the use of an intentional controlled slide to navigate around a turn. When used on a circuit, street course, or mountain pass, it can ultimately lead to complex strings of multi-directional slides that use a variety of techniques to maintain extreme oversteer. The pure essence of drifting is to never appear to have control of the vehicle, while always having complete control over the vehicle!

I agree, especially on the snow thing. It seems people are scared to “beat” on their cars or don’t want to burn tires away. Snow sucks, rain is fun, but dry pavement is better. I see nothing wrong with putting two new tires on my car ever 2-3 months, and that’s just my daily driving style. This year at these events I’m gonna be blowing through tires, I can’t wait :excited

Jersey Fresh, you get those wheels by chance?

Nah sorry man its gonna have to wait till i get back from New Orleans