genesis motor in s13?

Turbo isn’t that bad unless it’s a shit ton of boost. Isn’t that what heel toe is for? So you can stay in the higher RPM range around a track. So even if you drop down to 5500 RPM in 2nd, you are still on the gas at 5500 RPM and still in boost quickly and smoothly almost immediately because of the footwork? I have never found boost to be an iissue at higher RPM’s. It’s when it falls too low, then the power comes on more suddenly breaking traction, etc.

I haven’t ran much boost though, so my experience is limited, but that’s what I have noticed. Nothiing ground breaking.

yo feint try anti turbo lag. keeping your boost with lazy foot :smiley: making that gun shot bang is the shit :smiley:

but like i said in first place. in my book. jdm and american shouldnt mix!!!

Nah, it’s not turbo lag. There aren’t many points where you are off the gas a whole lot. Ideally you only want to brake when absolutely necessary. Braking is a really hard thing to get down. If you attack on a different line, it could mean less braking or more. Then you can brake too hard, too late, or too soon. I don’t just jam up the brakes, I don’t have ABS, that’s not an option. But braking is definitely harder than throttle control IMO. Braking and shift timing are the hardest things. Shift at the wrong time and you may have too much torque that sets you up on an overly aggressive line ( I know about that mistake quite well) and severely cost you time as you recover. Every little damn thing counts, so many variables.

Lag isn’t my problem, it"s skill. But I keep growing and the more I am around better drivers, the better I grow. That’s what it is all about.

true sain.

hope next few monthes flys by…

I remember back when Hyundai first entered there Genesis drift car into competitions, i remember reading that they had to secretly put the SR20 engine into the chassis because there engines at first were always having huge issues and failing…im sure its in there now…but ide stick to an SR20…one of the best engines made.

They were using a VQ35, not an SR20 :stuck_out_tongue:
And a 20B is even heavier than the V8, also in that thread. Either way, I’m not gonna bother with ignorance anymore.You want a rotary, buy one.