genesis motor in s13?

:blah: I would rather a FC with a v8 then one with a 20b with problems =/

the 2.0 from the genesis isnt similar to the 2.0 from the evo… it IS the 2.0 from the evo.

but why would you spend a hella high amount of money to put a foreign 2.0 turbo into your car over your stock 2.0 turbo ? makes no sense other than just being able to show off at car shows for the rice fan boys.

hyundai sucks and I’ll never ever drive one.

The billions that other companies spend on R&D only to have hyundai/kia reverse engineer their products and steal their designs to build their own cheaper versions, makes me sick.

yeah because you dont love rx7 as the other real rx7 owners does. :smiley:

ah i give up. do what ever you guys want man.

but if you do install american v8 in a sexiest import get ready for some spliting action from me :smiley:

Pass on the 20B, get two 12A’s, and go 4 rotor. The housings stack together if I recall correctly, just need to track down someone to make a custom eccentric shaft and handle the fine tuning. I’d kill for a 4 rotor RX7. Rotaries have always interested me. If I won the lottery next week, I’d be tinkering with a rotary. But that isn’t gonna happen.

Scoot 4 rotor

one of my favourite speed runs

yes!!! i love the stacked rotarys soo sick would love to try it… and if i were to buy a rx7 it would be for a taste of rotary… however an sr rx7 is pretty badass… what happend to that guy who was building a few of em??? anyone remember that?

yeah… but where would you get that shaft from…
for sure 4 rotor kick ass :smiley: look at madmike 's rx7 lol

oh god finally someone who respec the rx7 s and rotary.

but yeah… i cant afford it eather lol lol lol

me and my boys from aspec gave up on this 4 rotor thing looong looong time ago :smiley: even if your lucky enough to get that shaft going for sure its gonna be 4 digit price tag :smiley:

Call up various rotary shops. The eccentric shaft definitely wouldn’t be the hardest part IMO. So many capable rotary guys in North America. It’s just the $$$$ like you said lol. Rotary anything is expensive because it’s such a specialized market. If more companys invested in the wankel waaay back in the day before Mazda bought up the rights (I believe it was that) then things would probably be better. Competition keeps shit in check, and Mazda doesn’t have any other competition as far as rotary design goes so it’s take it or leave it unfortunately.

i loves it but ill leave it alone.

mazda is for fancy rich ballers :smiley:

for the price of rhd rx7, rebuilding a 13b, cooling your already at stock 350z money :smiley: thanks to the turbo over heating right by your intake mani. (wat you gonna do hit methonal everytime? lol lol lol)

oh well. nissan for ever boy :smiley:

3rotor taxes could help you out with that 4 rotary setup. but like i said $$$$$ bitcheees~

so you want to take a engine with barely any after-market support and replace one with at least 10 years of proven and tested performance and reliability (ka or sr) well let me give u a lollipop little boy for being an original

dude… shutup…

Yeah man, insurance is fucked on RX-7’s. But at the end of the day, it’s gonna take a lot of money to make a 350z handle like an RX-7 around the track. Z’s cost a lot of money to ball in,and the Z doesn’t hold as much value as an RX-7, Skyline, or Supra that is 15 years old, so you will likely take more of a loss on the Z come sell time

Even an S14 cost a lot of money to do right. I’d say 15K in mods would be a good range. I could have bought an FD for what it cost for my 240 and mods, and I am only getting started really. It takes $$$ to make it all ball unless you drive an S13 slut.

sr20det = endless supply of aftermarket parts. if you’re worried about an old engine or high mileage you can always re-build one and that would still be more cost-efficient than a genesis engine.

yeah but feint the rx7 price i said early was just on a cost of the car 5g + rebuilt + v mount + oil coller + thermostat + intake(goodies that will help keepin your car on running mode). never mind the power goodies.

as the noob who just starting this i wouldnt want my self a 400 + hp car. to me stock 350z with coilover, steering wheel and lsd (should be around 2500~3g on top of the car) is good enough. (plus i get newer cars for cheaper. if i go salvage title… saves even more :D)

well yeah 350z will come up little more at the end but you can always take your goodies out and sell it as a stock 350z.

on top of that rx7 is a nice nice car but it still a 10+ years old… but yeah… we all love the shit out of that car :smiley:

ps: i hate slut cars. slut is a slut. old is old. couger is a couger.

it all comes back around and bit you in the ass one way or the other. i was sooo pissed off about my rhd s13 tweaking was gonna get my self a weld in cage lol

bro bro research some before u go and make posts from ur wishlist and before u drop money into your pit because we all know thats what our cars are

ls1 is only 80lbs diff from a 93TT RX7 drivetrain

have you ever played seesaw???

weight balance works like that… thats why 20b even have to get pushed in a ltittle. for some people they takes weight issue seriously. :smiley:

http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=255423
^Broseph, some reading for ya.
Placement is not as ideal on the LS1/T56 combo, but weight is nearly identical. Turbos and their added thingies weigh a lot more than you think. Overall, due to better power delivery, the V8 will likely spank the other on most if not all road courses.
If you doubt my reasoning, ask ADAM from this board, who swapped out his turbo KA, for a lower powered LS1 and now has better lap times. He’s happy because he no longer melts everything in his engine bay, and he has a much better powerband.
NA is much easier to drive period, I can think of a few great drivers here on SON, that had some difficulties sliding their car once they swapped in an SR. They got the hang of it eventually, and now they’re even better than before, but it was still something to learn for them, how to deal with the powerband of a turbo car vs. an NA.

hey there mr south korean :smiley:
ill just start with v8 spanking other rotarys. kay. since you r talking v8 na lets talk about 20b na. whos spanking who?? with a little bit of port works that ls1 aint gonna come close. also… im 100% possitive you r gonna have to move that ls1 faaaaaaaar pushed back more then 20b does :smiley: to get close to 50:50 :smiley:

ka to ls1 for sure he has a huge boost in time. its a pos 4banger to big balled v8… come on… but we wernt talking about lap times. we were talking about the weight balance.

and yes i do think na is much easier to practice or do track days. unless you have that wob box or some to keep that boost in place when you ease up on gas. (this is straight up my 2 cent. flame me on this if im wrong :D)

bottom line Hangook no.1~ :smiley: koreans are taking over :smiley:

Not much got settled there. Tweight fluctuation between different trims, setups, erc. A never ending war there.

I guess I can relate a bit to the situation, having an RB25 in a 240. I would say that I felt a difference between the KA and RB. It’s not significant, and it’s something you don’t really notice with a proper alignment and setup. I noticed the difference in weight though following an FC. The extra torque also presents new issues like shift timing. A slightly higher rev limit would be perfect, with a litle more top end, instead of peaking around 6000 RPM for torque. Of course, this was all a big dream, I don’t even know what a car is? Kuruma?

The rotary doesn’t put down as much jam in the lower end, they have always been weak like that. The top end though is where it shines, and the higher rev limit of 8500 is a nice thing to have, it definitely can save time on the eight course over the long run if it means less shifting.

The war will never end for any higher weight swap unless someone like Keiichi Tsuchiya pits two rival swapped cars against each other ( RB vs SR) (LS1 vs 13B). Each swap has it’s pros and cons. I personally like both the torque and the turbo power banns of an RB. Some may prefer an SR, especially in racing.