Got pulled over by Supercop.

How?

yea I did…i got it reduced to a 10 over. still cost me +/- 300 :banghead

i dont see how either? if a person is doing something illegal, and they get caught doing it, then bam they get a ticket and the officer may meet the quota for the day. it’s a proactive approach like i stated with 3 points for an arrest.

unfortunatly, you (cossey) got the short-end of the stick on the speeding ticket.

It is a conflict of interest because if a cop is pressured to perform to a certain performance rating and misses his expected performance rating, then there is the chance that he may go out of his way to write tickets illegally or make illegal arrests.

The mere fact that there is a chance of this happening makes it a conflict of interest. How do we know there is a chance? Because there are documented cases of cops doing such things for personal gain.

I wouldn’t consider that a conflict of interest. I’d say that’s more of just plain old corruption. The conflict of interest would be if the person he was pulling over was say, his son.

Also, quota systems DO exist. Except they are not called quota systems. They are what is called “Contact Points”. If police do not meet the required number of contact points per day they are subject to performance evaluations. This is the same as having a quota.

Here is a link to a police forum discussing quotas:

http://www.policeworld.net/vb/showthread.php?t=17321

Here are quotes from retired police officers:

Cops have a[n illegal] quota system.
–Sgt. James Eagan, New York State Police (Retired)

I was put under pressure. It was like a race. How many more people can we get today?
–arrested Knoxville, Tennessee, police officer describing the government’s illegal quota

And here are leaked memo’s from various police agencies:

EAST DISTRICT CONTACTS
COUNSELING-
*UNAWARE OF TRAFFIC PROBLEMS ON BEAT
*FAILURE TO ADDRESS TRAFFIC PROBLEMS ON BEAT
*NEED TO CHECK TRAFFIC COMPLAINTS
*NEED TO CHECK WRECKS AND HIGH ACCIDENT LOCATIONS
*NEED TO DO TRAFFIC ENFORCEMENT TO INCREASE COMPLIANCE, REDUCE ACCIDENTS, RESPOND TO COMPLAINTS ON MAYORS SURVEY
*EACH OFFICER COUNSELED IS TO TURN IN A PLAN BY JUNE 10, 1998 OF WHAT THE TRAFFIC PROBLEMS ARE ON THEIR BEAT AND HOW THEY PLAN TO ADDRESS THEM.
EXPECTATIONS FOR JUNE 1998-
MINIMUM OF 3 CONTACTS PER DAY.
MINIMUM OF 2 CITATIONS FOR MOVING VIOLATIONS PER DAY WORKED ON THE STREET.
CITATIONS SHOULD BE AIMED A PROBLEM AREAS AND COMPLAINT RESPONSE.
MOVING VIOLATIONS-
SPEEDING, RECKLESS DRIVING, PASSING RED LIGHT, PASSING STOP SIGN/ SIGNALS, FOLLOWING TOO CLOSELY, FAILURE TO YEILD, WRONG SIDE OF ROAD, IMPROPER TURN/PASSING
FAILURE TO MEET EXPECTATIONS WILL BE CAUSE FOR MUCH CLOSER SUPERVISORY SCRUTINY AND CONTROL.

To: SERGEANTS
Date: 6/5/98 7:57am
subject: CAPTAINS MEETING

AT MY THURSDAY MEETING WITH THE OTHER DISTRICT COMMANDERS AND CHIEF COKER IT WAS AGREED TO MODERATE THE STANDARDS WHICH WERE ANNOUNCED AT OUR STAFF MEETING ON WEDNESDAY.
THE BLANKET OF TWO MOVING VIOLATIONS PER DAY AND THREE CITATIONS PER DAY PER OFFICER HAS BEEN RESCINDED. THERE WILL BE NO BLANKET POLICY TO PUNISH ALL FOR THE SINS OF A FEW.
THE NEW POLICY WILL BE:
THE CONTACTS WILL BE REVIEWED EACH MONTH BY THE DISTRICT SERGEANTS, LEIUTENANTS AND COMMANDER. ANY OFFICER THAT IS PERCEIVED TO BE LOW IN CONTACTS, IN ANY AREA, MAY BE CALLED IN AND COUNSELED BY HIS SERGEANT AND A LEIUTENANT OR CAPTAIN.
IF IMPROVEMENT IS NOT SHOWN THE NEXT MONTH MORE SERIOUS SANCTIONS MAY FOLLOW.

did he call you a chicken fucker?

so he was speeding over 57mph when he passed you obviously, did he have his lights on?

find out where he lives. I need to take a shit.

:lol didnt think about that

Lawl. You guys are talking about it like Cossey didnt do anything wrong. 57>55. Just because they dont always ticket it, doesnt mean its legal. Every time you speed, expect to get a ticket and just be pleasantly surprised when you dont. Move on with life.

They were both going opposite directions when they crossed, how do you get that he was obviously doing over 57?

And how is that a defense for his speeding ticket?

That was my next post, douche. :lol

:facepalm omg

the whole time i thought he meant a cop passed him as in like overtaking him in the other lane

haha wow

As adam said and most cops will tell you

They will usualy give up to a 5mph grace…

Hardly anyone does exactly the speed limit… not because theyre rebels but simply because especialy older cars there always seems to be a ~3mph difference then what the radar says vs your speedo.

If this was the case cops would be pulling over nearly everyone and giving them tickets for going 3mph over…

A judge will dismiss it… being pulled over for 2mph is completely ridiculous and asinine

IDK about you but i do under the speed limit

Sorry about flipping you off than…

…everytime :lol

Was that a while ago? I got a few in Coby this spring and it was $85… but the fines were like 500

fuck coby p.d…paging winegard…you fuckin dick you…isn’t there another dwi u should be chasing???