Gran Turismo 5 General Discussion Thread

The Loeb races are total BS. I got gold with traction control on 5 for the first race, because I didnt know you could turn it off lol. The other two are impossible, I can only get within 3 seconds of the bronze time.

In other news, I usually race online with this xXBetty-WhiteXx guy or whatever his screen name is because his races are pretty legit and everyone can handle themselves without running into eachother or doing something retarded. So we are on the Eiger Norwand short track (the one that comes with GT HD) and this dude from Canada joins…he apparently has beaten the game or pretty much completed it because he has a Red Bull X1 car.

Random facts about the X1:
Top speed: about 360MPH.
Acceleration: makes my 1200HP Veyron look like a Civic.

The track switched to the full Nurburgring and about 8 of us total were on the track. My '07 GTR can lap the ring in about 7 minutes with no mistakes and really giving it the cookies. The mofo with the X1 car after taking his time finished one lap of the ring in 5 minutes, 38 seconds. He patiently waited behind my slow ass GTR for about 10 of those seconds while I tried to negotiate some turns. One of the other guys in the race said another guy with an X1 lapped it in 4 min, 30 sec… :excited

Its unrealistic how well it handles and sticks to the road on turns. Crazy.