Gran Turismo 5 General Discussion Thread

Does anyone have a Stock Car to use in the Expert Series Nascar race I could borrow for a little bit. Will return it in good condition.

That last Kart race is impossible I had no issue getting gold in every other one and I cant place in the last one and the S. Loeb races are BS.

How’s the stock car workin for ya? And I thought the kart races were pretty easy.

And the Loeb races do suck.

Yeah the kart races were easy. I can’t get better than silver on any of the Loeb stuff.

they were. The last one i cant not spin out

I agree with you. I had no problem getting gold on all of the rest of them. The last one I just can’t seem to win

Here’s 2 cars that I found in my car delivery menu today.

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/1460/ahrweilertownsquare8.jpg

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/7926/sangimignanotownsquare1.jpg

O rly. Time to start running laps. Do they take them back after the competition?

I hope not… The 370z is the “tuned version” and turns pretty well… the GT-R doesnt turn for shit

Both came RED… but i painted them both black from an M5

Heres some stats:

Nissan 370z TUNED CAR (GT ACADEMY VERSION) '08

363hp @ 7200 rpm
1250kg

Adjustable Aero Front AND rear.
Sports Exhaust.
6 speed close ratio transmission.
Fixed Sports Kit suspension.
Hard Sports Tires.

Stage 3 weight reduction and stage 3 engine can be done, and everything else except turbo, supercharger, and carbon hood.

can’t change the wheels or body

Details to date suggest the preliminary virtual rounds will be a test of driver skill in Gran Turismo 5 using “pre-selected Nissan vehicles” (which only slightly narrows the field for anyone looking for sneaky practice) and all entrants will receive “free digital content” just for playing – prompting yet more rumours about Downloadable Content.

From GT Planet, so Im going to assume we keep them. I was destroying laps with my personal GT-R SpecV, hopefully this handles similar.

When did you register?

I have not received cars and I am upset…I registered first thing Monday morning…

Just started my first endurance race…lol…Lets hope I can finish it…Its only 60 laps of Grand valley…Civic Type R RM ftw!!!..Lets hope I dont get smoked…

Car is too fast…I have to make it a tad slower…I dont want to have a boring 60 laps…

What year Type R? I have 97, and 01 I think lol

I also dont have the Academy cars yet.

JVG if you need a stock car still, I have one.

The 97…The one you can race modify…

I havent race modded any car yet. My 97 is white with carbon black hood lol

The only other one I have done was the ZR1

I currently have a stock car on loan from dave. That nascar series is harder then I thought it was gonna be

The Loeb races are total BS. I got gold with traction control on 5 for the first race, because I didnt know you could turn it off lol. The other two are impossible, I can only get within 3 seconds of the bronze time.

In other news, I usually race online with this xXBetty-WhiteXx guy or whatever his screen name is because his races are pretty legit and everyone can handle themselves without running into eachother or doing something retarded. So we are on the Eiger Norwand short track (the one that comes with GT HD) and this dude from Canada joins…he apparently has beaten the game or pretty much completed it because he has a Red Bull X1 car.

Random facts about the X1:
Top speed: about 360MPH.
Acceleration: makes my 1200HP Veyron look like a Civic.

The track switched to the full Nurburgring and about 8 of us total were on the track. My '07 GTR can lap the ring in about 7 minutes with no mistakes and really giving it the cookies. The mofo with the X1 car after taking his time finished one lap of the ring in 5 minutes, 38 seconds. He patiently waited behind my slow ass GTR for about 10 of those seconds while I tried to negotiate some turns. One of the other guys in the race said another guy with an X1 lapped it in 4 min, 30 sec… :excited

Its unrealistic how well it handles and sticks to the road on turns. Crazy.