Gran Turismo 5 General Discussion Thread

I have two extra Volvo 240 GLT Estate Wagons that are completely stock right now. If you go through the whole car, including the engine rebuild and chassis repair in GT Auto, you can get 302HP out of it. It is a fucking blast to drive around the Nurburgring. Sure its slow, even with the big turbo mod, but it takes corners like no ones business. I can pull about an 8 minute ring time with it.

I have more fun with regular cars in the game than “race cars”.

Seasonal races No.4 are titz. Its the first one that allows no limitations on mods. I did the Challenger one first with the car 100% stock and I came in 7th. I said fuck it, bought a supercharger, hi flow cat, race air filter, medium race tires, and I was in first place after 2 of 5 laps. I think the payout was 500,000 credits or more. The JGTC race is the same, get a JGTC car, beef it up a little with stickier tires and a little more HP and its an easy 1,500,000 credits. If you want to borrow the Mugen NSX JGTC car, add me and Ill send it your way.

Once you beat the race you cant grind it for more credits, once you come in first thats it. If you come in 3rd you have to place higher than third in order to receive any credits the next time you enter the race.

The Challenger is fun, like I said, I kept the suspension stock just because it has massive body roll and its fun to slide it out of corners in the race once the weight transfers.