Gran Turismo 5 General Discussion Thread

Its easier to do mad-tyte-driftin’-power-slidez with the buttons. Snap yo fanguhz and you is fishtailin’ son!!!

I do left trigger brake, right trigger gas, square shift up, x shift down. MT ONLY, no ABS, level 1 or 2 on the wheelspin thing, and no auto correct or whatever it is. I will get a wheel at some point. Meh. I have to pewp

I still have a wheel, but it got annoying as shit.
I rock the default settings; trigger button things to shift up/down, gas is X or whatever the bottom button is, and brake is triangle or square - I cant remember, I use the arrow key pad for steering. I hate the joystick shit for steering.

I also use the d-pad a lot lol. I have been using the joystick more than I used to, but still like the pad for fast stretches. My civic is fast. The game one. :sad

nah, wallyworld should have plenty in stock. I think half the people that heard about the release still don’t believe it’s out and didn’t go buy it yet.

I played for a little bit just starting to rack up the golds in the license crap. kinda fun.

Tip for new people…for our first car buy the cheapest piece of junk they have on the used lot. It’ll have to be a level 0 car. then just go do some license driving that doesn’t require the use of said car. You’ll rack up points and up your level substantially. then just go sell that piece of junk back and buy a car you can afford at the level you’re at, then go race.

I have to build another one of those damn things except with some extras on it, like movement, audio, and maybe a beer holder.:ninja

‘Gabkicks’ was only fast because his connection sucks. Around that loop, he would freeze and then appear at the end almost every single time.

Glitch?

The Grand Tour Challenge is a pain in my dick! HOLY SHIT!!!

I’m level 13 now by the way.

the grand touring challenge, try the top gear track in a vw bus, it’s like shoving bamboo up your fingernails it’s so painfully slow.

i’m at 15 btw

That one was so easy :rofl

Try it with a Lotus 111r. FML

I still havent beat the Vdumbus one.

my sisters boyfriend has been playing this game since he bought it yesterday for the most part, i played a little bit, did some snow rally race in a 02 rx7 lol.

After playing it here for a couple hours today doing some other odds and ends stuff in the game, I’m honestly kind of disappointed.

I’m a hardcore GT fan and still own the original 1-4 even though I don’t have the systems to play them on anymore. After having to wait so damn long for the game you’d expect something really mind blowing and there just really isn’t anything in the game that does just that. Yay for online, yay for custom cool soundtrack importing, yay for some new and interesting tracks. I could give two shits about 3D to be honest. Just another gimmick IMO.

But in reality its just GT4 with a new cars and some minor tweaks. Something that might have been fine releasing two years ago. Leaving in stupid shit like car washes and oil changes, but not have an option for brake upgrades in the tuning dept? Exhaust notes are STILL a fucking joke. I dunno. I’ll play it no doubt but I’m already finding myself getting bored and will likely be back to playing Dirt2 and COD sooner than not.

The one thing I do find interesting is the track creator, and that is likely what will keep me interested in the game as well as trying to dig up some of these mystery cars that will appear in the used car lot like they had in GT4.

I can’t believe the cars STILL sound like ass?!

Yes.

Travis

Yes.

Yeah I don’t know if it’s Sony or Polyphony or whoever it is that was in charge of the audio but they seriously need to get their head out their ass on that aspect of the game. Back during GT4 they got some of the sounds “ok”… the 787B, the original Gt40, etc sounded close. But to have every other car sound like the same dood blowing hot air through his best friends wet ass cheeks just doesn’t cut it.

For fucks sake if it came down to simply not enough space on the damn disk, cut all the “GT Auto” shop shit from the game and make the fucking cars sound good :banghead <—not saying that WAS the case but still…

Jeff Gordon #24 is by far the BEST sounding automobile in the entire game.

Does the game feature a Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged?

No! Not even the turb version. :frowning:

AEM s2000 SUCKS