Gran Turismo 5 General Discussion Thread

I haven’t been online yet but how do I find you guys? Is there a SHIFT518 room?

I want to race my main car, v3 STi, against you guys. I spent a legit 2 hours ,so far, tuning the suspension and differentials.:rofl

way more fun in the racing setup. At least theres another game besides dirt 2 i can use it on

i feel like using a controller with this game as opposed to your racing setup, is like bringing a knife to a gun fight

a racing sim rig isn’t going to fix the issues with the game and make it more interesting. They need to make some serious updates. Sounds ironic, but I think the jumped too soon on the release :wierd

At least Dirt2 @ has realistic sounds and the like and has more into the play of the game over fancy crap

I can’t fathom how such a high budget, highly developed, and highly delayed game such as this is such a disappointment.

I am not disappointed. I am a fanboi.

AlpineSnowShoe’r: They dont have your car? lol Thats lame, I already have my hatch, its just blue till I paint it.

BoxerBro: Have you played MotorStorm? Thats another decent off road game, not as good as Dirt2, but decent.

bingo

On that note. I can’t find the source but I recall reading in a mag that they took thousands of hours dyno time to test each car for the exhaust note, then bolted on different exhaust to record the change as well.

Import tuner iirc about a year ago?

So yeah… So much for that

I might make a Shift_518 Members Only race area thingy Sunday afternoon if no one else does…chaos will ensure.

As a sidenote, I havent fucked with online play much yet, but I dont have a headset so don’t try talking to me lolol.

That pisses me off too. A straight piped Honda at 8K RPM isnt supposed to sound like a high displacement weed-wacker…wait. Anyway…

Im saving up all mah race winningz for a Murcielago LP670SV. :excited

I dont really get what you guys are whining about. The Civic I have, with the sport exhaust is fairly quiet, and then the full ti one, gives it a clear difference. Also after the motor upgrade, it now sounds like it has a cam lump. Stop raining in my parade. :frowning:

The exhaust sounds are literally horrible. Listen to the NASCAR, HKS EVO, AEM S2000, etc. They’re hilariously bad.

secretly happy due to all the downfalls of the game

So Adam, wanna come play Forza 3?

And on a side note:
They just released info that Gran Turismo 6 will be released in 2015!

Meh, if thats all I have to complain about is exhaust note with this game, Im happy.

Correction: I get out of work tonight at 10PM, maybe around or before midnight Ill make a private shift race if anyone else is up. Unless someone else has one going.

they really dropped the ball on this important aspect of a racing sim. It was supposed to be one of the biggest changes for the whole series and they spent an absurb amount of money on sound testing as stated. In the end it’s like the just dubbed the files from GT4. I would rather do without all the fancy frills, stupid GTR animations, and ten minute long intro movie… and have the game just be a straight forward racing sim as long as the cars sound the way they should and the controls, physics, and tuning were great <—the whole point of a racing sim IMO They over emphasized on BS in the game and had to cut the important shit.

JVG brough up a point over the phone about how large the sound files are and it all cannot fit on a disk. This is PS3 were talking about. If that was the case they should have released the game with a double disk and more files to install, or a big downloadable update, or both. I would have glady paid an extra $10 to cover the cost of the second CD or price for an update.

JVG also said that the G27 controls can’t be changed/altered in the full game menus, but was possible in the demo and prologue??? The nascar addition is also complete joke

Yeah I’m bitching about this game. JVG said it best, what the fuck have they been doing for the past five years because this game certainly doesn’t have five years worth of game development into it?

Also the AI is just as blatantly retarded as GT4. I would have expected them to make something a little more “smart”.

Bah, I’m done ranting about it. Will still play it off an on. Just a big let down for all the hype posted by Sony and the GT designers themselves.

fixed

the day someone makes an xbox controller that’s shaped and setup like a ps3 controller I’ll play forza. I just can’t get used to the feel of the xbox controller :cry:

Xbox controllers are more natural sir. Triggers ftw.

The game at the moment looks like they worked on it for 2 years, and waited for 4.

Does the AI acknowledge your track position? I hated the mindless AI in GT4.

Same stupid AI as GT4

Yeah for a crazy Russian maybe :haha

Exactly

What a joke. Glad I didn’t buy a PS3 for this shit.

I just played Forza 2 for an hour.

Forza 2.

Time to stunt