Gran Turismo 5 General Discussion Thread

Thats what I heard. Apparently the AI cars cant handle the lack of ABS and it makes your car faster due to the lack of ASM in the corners. Time to put some rednecks into the wall.

There. All gold in every single fucking stupid NASCAR special race and even the Extreme series race. Fuck you Jeff Gordon. Fuck you.

So who else is having a problem beating Like The Wind, Indy track race? My shitty Veyron cant handle the corners. Would a Castrol Toms Supra or GT car like that keep up with the pack? I can only place 11th place.

Raise the front on the Veyron, and give it atleast -2 camber on front, helps some lol

Ill give it a shot.

What is the HP on yours? I did every single mod you can, mine is 1222 lol Also the center diff, I have mine 10/90, but I just did that as Im testing it. I need to beat those same races.

1196 because mine is haggard as fuck and needs an oil change. I think with an oil change its 1225-1250.

The Daytona Road Course in the Like The Wind race is fine with the Veyron, the other faster cars will stay on your ass but I had no issue getting 1st place the first time out. The non-banked turns at Indy kill me, I’ve tried running that race with a NASCAR with the stickiest tires too…I cant place past 11th.

So I asked another friend who beat that race, he said he used a ZR1 with the race car mod from GT Auto.

If the ass dragging Veyron trick doesnt work, Im going to do a race mod to my ZR1.

RM ZR1…for 700k you cant beat it…will easily compete with the LMP cars…The Veyron can suck my balls…hahaha

I just spent some decent time trying to tune the suspension to get the pile to turn, on Deep Forest. My best time was 13.830 and the HP keeps rising, 1229 now. Thats on hard racing tires, stock tranny, 15/85 split, +10 front ride height, -3* camber… I was messing with the toe, giving it a little toe out -.1… but I put that back at 0. I have an easier time setting up rc cars :ahh

I think the LSD is what I need to really get right, I have: Front 60-30-10, Rear 35-40-20

I used a Minolta Toyota 88CV-R on loan. The Mazda 88b, Peugot race cars would work too.

So… Whos got a Formula GT?

I fucked up and bought a Diablo GT car (used one) for $750K and put a big turb on it, 875HP and all I can place is fucking 8th now. I think I have over 1.5 million credits and an unknown amount of hours trying to beat Like The Wind Indy race…fuck.

Anyone want to trade a car or cars? I have a couple Ruf cars, '87 Yellowbird painted gray with full mods, Ruf CTR with full mods makes about 660HP, Ferrari 458 with full mods in red with color matched wheels. I have a few other dumpy rides too if anyone else is interested.

I heart my 458 lol. What did you use for Historic Cup and GT ALL STARS on Expert series? Is the ZR1 really that good? I was debating between Viper ACR and ZR1

I have the The Ruf CTR Yellow Bird and the BTR. Completely stock, they are by far the most fun cars to drift in the game.

I havent done those yet, well the All Stars I have but I got my ass kicked. I used the trusty Veyron for those. My ZR1 is fully modded and makes about 8-fitty, I know someone else said the Vipers make over 1000HP, not sure how usable it is, my ZR1 burns tires pretty good. I love launching it in 2nd gear and laying down a huge patch during the Special Stage Route 7 tunnel dragz. It makes the younginz go super hyphy.

The Audi Quattro Pikes Peak SUV is fun to slide too.

1970 Chapparal 2J Race car and for one race I used the '67 Ferrari 330 P4 Race Car it wasnt enough for all the races the chapparal is unstoppable

I love my BTR :excited

Did you borrow the Chapparal, or you have one? Well, Friend? lol

Also just read, some Standard cars will be upgraded to premium, through Update DLC

http://cache-02.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/12/13phonos.jpeg

Bullshit. I call it.