Gran Turismo 5 General Discussion Thread

I picked the game up at 2pm and I’m at level 7 already. The drafting shit for the Jeff Gordon shit was sooooooo gay.

What car did everyone start off with? I started with an Altezza.

Here’s a hint to anyone who hasn’t gotten the game yet: Do a few license tests to get your experience up. I made the mistake of buying a car right off, a level 0 car :rofl

It makes you buy a car, you cant take license tests before that. I tried lol. I started with the 97 Civic Type R. The nascar shit is serious gay tho. Im at level 11 as now. I tried two races with the B spec guy, pretty lame, you need to level him too.

Edit: Is your say the clock is wrong? I cannot find how to cange it, and thw one on the main Ps3 menu is correct…

To clear things out if you are using G25. Enjoy!

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/6154/hkgetrealgtbuttonlayout.png

Yeah I should have bought the Type R. I went straight to the used cars though.

Here’s my rig…I’m so pumped…

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb29/shanegray22/47800541_photobucket_11421_.jpg
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb29/shanegray22/47800541_photobucket_11422_.jpg

I started off with the ek type R. Im up to level 8 and now my main car is a 97 supra

wanna add your ID to the player list? see my sig.

Damn PS3 keeps locking up.

Okay, getting pretty pissed now. I click the CD icon to start the game, and the piece of shit goes to a black screen and loads nothing.

DA FUCK!

I have food in front of me now and wifey is watching TV with my daughter. Believe me I’ll be up right through till turkey time tomorrow playing this game :number1 Probably go on around 9pm

The server is a bit on and off, probably due to day 1 release.

The game can do custom sound track and supports 7.1 surround.

I’m really hoping they have Enkei RPF1’s in GT Auto. I’ve been keeping a close eye on the used car lot for a version 4 sti to paint green. I’m just hoping it will be a premium car.

I can’t get the update to install without the screen going black and the ps3 locking up.

I had to sign out of PSN because shit was taking forever between screens…going good now…Gotta ace the licenses and get all gold…

I made my “racing” soundtrack all tech/metalcore lol. You also get a trophy for making a custom one :facepalm

Oh maybe thats all I need to do, go offline. Im only doing the campaign right now anyways.

WTF! It keeps going to this fucking black and white snow screen every fucking god damn time I try to load the game.

You mean like after the game updates and when you try to play it?

yeah, the server is a bit on and off. I stopped grinding for gold, yeah spend enough time on it eventually you will get it; not very fun if you ask me. Just blow thru the license and trying to get some online racing, but looks like it will be rough with the server on release.

b license…6 gold…4 silver…only doing just a few tries on each…grrrrrr…

It’s right after I pop the CD in, it asks if it wants to update, I say yes and then just a blank screen. :frowning:

edit: now it’s on that fucking black and white snow screen again. Man I hate this thing.

Yeah, I only did the B license, then started playing. You can do the whole beginner and I think intermediate races without a license…

Try logging out, staying offline, and starting the game. It should ask to update after it has started I would think.