Gumball Fatality

[quote=“PsngrSeatsR4Boys,post:111,topic:28728"”]

mark thats just not right.

[/quote]

I was just playin :slight_smile:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23395020-details/Gumball+rally+closed+after+British+drivers+arrested+for+hit-and-run/article.do

Not as bad as first thought.

they actually stayed at the scene until emergency vehicles arrived, they hopped into another car when the ambulance got there.

they reported the incident at the border and gave a statement at which time they were notified that the driver had died.

they were transported back to the accident or to authorities in that area.

i think we all thought they just hit the guy and took off, apparently that is not the case at all.

quote taken from a US dude who was present at the gumball, i cross posted some stuff here:

[quote=“King Kong”"]
Honestly,
Like I’ve always had at the bottom of my posts on my signature “Ignnorance is Bliss”.

I’m currently writing from a hotel room in Bratislava, I’m flying to London tomorrow and heading back home Sunday and to be honest I can’t wait to be home.
GUMBALL 3000 is the most rock and roll event ever.
Some of you guys that think this is reckless, I know many of you have maybe in the far past have sped, drifted and raced on the streets so shut it now!

First and foremost I feel for the family of the Mecodnian family of the husband and wife, the wife’s condition is unknown at this time.
Secondly, Maximillion is the nicest guy you’ll meet and down to earth, it’s not his nor GUMBALL 3000’s fault this guy crashed into this ca.
Accidents happen all the time and this just happened to be a super car on the rally.

I have yet to post, write or blog on any of the incidents after day one so far and I’m just so bothered by the rumor mill and hatred towards gumball on blogs and what not.

I hope you can understand that the one driver running is absolutely ridiculous cowardly and absurd, that added such fuel to the fire.

GUMBALL 3000 this year has been an amazing experience for myself and many other GUMBALLERS.

Maximillion announced a drivers only meeting that the rally has been cancelled for obvious reasons.
The gumballers are heading back home as the rally will not continue on as a group.
So I decided to catch a flight back to London versus driving as my car is back in the UK.
Range Rover sport of mine broke while entering France (Long story) so I’ve been “scumballing” all the way.

I’ll have stories, images and what not on my blog www.fatlace.com/jarod and also writing articles for many magazines.

Stay tuned as GUMBALL spirit will prevail.

Again depest condolonces to the family of the man and woman in the accident.

That fatality image is pretty poor tastes as well if one of you made it.
[/quote]

[quote=“Silver,post:118,topic:28728"”]

^^ Can you quote the relevent part from that link? Not a member, but I’d like to know what the SCCA bashing is about.

[/quote]

I am not bashing the SCCA, just the many members that think the are F1 drives on every road/ parking lot they come in contact with on non event days and non event locations. Some of them(yes i say some, not every) cannot take off from a parking space in a mature way. It has to be like a start of a run.

[quote=“Anonymity,post:124,topic:28728"”]

I am not bashing the SCCA, just the many members that think the are F1 drives on every road/ parking lot they come in contact with on non event days and non event locations. Some of them(yes i say some, not every) cannot take off from a parking space in a mature way. It has to be like a start of a run.

[/quote]

Names? I don’t see people driving recklessly when they leave events.

[/quote]

[quote=“Bigairskier1580,post:125,topic:28728"”]

Names? I don’t see people driving recklessly when they leave events.

[/quote]

Names are irrelevant, Dan and I had a nice email chat and without him ever naming a name I am very sure I know who it is. He has an excellent point. The ability (real or perceived) to drive quickly and handle a car is not something that should be exercised on public roads. We ALL have been guilty of this and it is what gives enthusiasts a bad name.

[/quote]

I’d submit that people who AutoX are more likely to be responsible on the road than others into cars, but not into any organized racing.

Typically, it’s a slightly older, more responsible crowd. And it’s a legal way to drive fast, so I’m unsure of exactly what your complaint is anyway?

Do you just assume people who drive like idiots are SCCA members?