Help~Engine Ticking BAD

welll ,no doubt they are big for bein indep but good .i dont think so

i find it funny how that tsb calls for a whole new head. what a design.

so your boyfried is a tech and your asking people on here about your car? LOL wtf?

7 pages of this :facepalm

yes he is , but isnt it true that if more than one person knows it makes it easier to solve? The car is WIERD, it makes the ticking noise all the time but yesterday and today it stopped ticking 4 different times for about 10 minutes. It makes no sense, then the noise comes back loud again. Honda’s techs are even stumped. There are no lifters I found out so it cant be that, anything else doesnt make sense either bc it stopped a cpl times. Its just too odd:ohnoes

I did call ur shop, whoever answered said u were not available and he took my number, figured u were busy, I ended up going up to Gils, my fiance works there and he did a compression test for me.

bribe Pete and just have him open that motor and look

whos pete? lol

FN Skanks…

Hell even Id open it up for you and take a look but I iz to buzy

Dont have just any one open up the engine. Bring it to another honda dealer and see what they say. Dont risk voiding your warranty

Zing!

an intermittent noise, most likely something in the valve train is binding up. could be do to under oiling.

Tricia, you should probably just run race gas through it. That will stop all ticking noises and give you more powerz.

Actually I dont give a fuck. Put a brick on the gas pedal and let it bounce off rev limiter till the noise subsides.

trish i never got the message from my boss,if it tickin interm its obv in the valvtrain from either a clogged oil port or bad design if it has a tsb get it to a dealer have it done under warr soon before suttin else goes

well I figured it out its not intermit. heres what happens, I start the car when its cold, it makes the loud ticking, then as the car heats up it quiets then after about 4 minutes the noise is gone, no tick at all, then Ill drive for about 10 minutes with no noise at all then the noise comes back. So in my opinion its gotta be something to do with temperature or oil pressure, I dunno but its going to Honda on Tuesday, oh and they said there was a code saying there was no “pcm communication” whatever that means, and every now and then my ABS, BRAKE, and VSA light will come on, but if I turn the car off and back on it goes away, and it pulled “pcm relation” failure codes. This car seems to have a lot of issues. Im glad to know that none of it can be blamed on “abuse” u cant abuse a computer lol and theres no bent valves so theres no “over-revving”. We will see soon hopefully

Unless heads were pulled and valves were inspected bent valve is still a possibility.

heads…LOL there is only one head

LOL!

I do that alot even when it comes to V8’s and saying “Cams”

Nope not a possibility I had a compression test and vacuum test done , both were fine, and even the Honda service shop says its not bc its running perfect and the noise isnt a knock, and it goes away, a bent valve would always make noise and the car would run like shit and there would be numerous codes thrown. It could possibly need a valve adjustment but they are not bent.

sounds like ya got rocker bad or mis adjusted setup …along with elec problems

Ya the car is becoming a serious headache.:ahhThis will be the last Si I buy.:frowning: