i had an accident, I'M NOT TRYING TO SUE DENNY'S *PICS*

^ some people will just never understand, not everyone has a baller job

You started out by saying:

Not, “hey maybe they will just call me up and offer me money to fix it. If not, no big deal, I’ll go on my way”.

If this ^ is the case, then I’m cool with that.

i think the title of the thread was supposed to reflect that maybe things came out wrong.

The first post definitely sounded like a “I hit a curb. Someone’s getting a phone call.” sort of thing, but the rest of the thread makes it pretty clear that you’re accepting personal responsibility for the accident but hoping Denny’s offers to pay for your bumper. People just tend to get annoyed/pissed at people who deny personal responsibility in life.

Personally, I think the hand of God pushed you into the wall for putting a body kit on and intending to boost a Cavalier. :stuck_out_tongue:

lol

truth.

Your just a kid looking for money.

Its your fault that you didn’t have your car ready for winter.

Every place isn’t going to be 100 percent plowed and salted, this is buffalo.

I recommend you just leave the car how it is until springtime, and in the mean time get some all season or snow tires on it.

yeah i’ll def admit the original post doesn’t quite reflect my true intentions. i was just kinda pissed at the moment. i never planned on “making” anyone do anything.

i love how many people hate my car haha. come drive it, and tell me it’s like every other cav you’ve driven and seen… it’s not in the likes of an sTi or what have you, but it’s not quite as shitty as everyone thinks. (although most cavaliers are i’ll admit)

I’ll give a different example where you should expect money from a business.

My dad took his stock dodge charger to delta sonic (this was back in the early 90’s). The charger was a fwd pos.

Anyways, the car was bone stock of course, his daily driver. He got the exhaust ripped off his car taking it through the car wash.

He filed a complaint, and delta picked up the tab to fix his pipes.

Haha oh I’m just giving you shit. While it’s not my cup of tea, it’s the nicest cavvy I’ve ever seen.

so you admit that your car was inproperly equiped for the weather, and that you took the risk, but still want someone else to pay. Chances are that if you had the proper tires, you would have been able to stop. I drive my FWD snow tire equiped car all over, and have never slid uncontollably. Its becomming common place that when someone fucks up, they want everyone else to pay for it. You fucked up, suck it up and get the car fixed, don’t try to pass the blame onto a business because you think they are liable.

werd…delta scratch it fucked up our old mustang. there was some kid inside the wash with a hose and nozzle sprayin something down, and one of the wheels from the car before, retracted and snatched the hose out of his hand and thwapped it all down the side of the car like 150 times. everyone in the building heard it and came out to see…so we filled out a report, got an estimate, and they had it in the shop being fixed in less than a week.

other than such situations, i personally dont agree with trying to get money from them. not having the car ready this time of year is just asking for it.

i’m sick of telling ppl to read the thread.

bikerfry, i know you were just messing around haha. i’m used to it anyway. but thanks :tup:

Isn’t this what we have auto insurance for??? I don’t care what you say, Denny’s cannot control mother nature. Shit happens, learn from your mistake, pay your dues, move on.

The little side road I work on was slippery yesterday morning and I watched a white Lexus miss the turn, jump the curb, then continue on his way with a very fucked up alignment. The main road was clear, but this side road was bad. Since it’s the town/county is supposed to keep the roads clear he should ask them for money for the alignment right?

Reminds me of something - you ever got a ticket for imprudent speed?

It’s when you’re driving too fast for the conditions. So essentially, even if the speed limit is 55, and you are going 50, but the roads are in such crap ass condition that you should be going 25, you get a ticket, it’s your fault.

Now, same thing happened to my friend, he was driving on a road (kinda like Niagara Falls Blvd) and it was shitty out. He slid into a ditch on the side of the road and took out a guard rail. Does this mean he can sue the DOT for not taking care of the road? No, he got a ticket for it, imprudent speed.

It really sucks what happened to you car, and it sucks how everyone is ragging on you, but you have to understand - you may be taking responsibility for it on here, but by filing that report and asking Denny’s to pay for it, it’s a bit of a cop out, and it (in my eyes) shows that your actions are not matching your words.

Now I commend you for keeping your cool so much while everyone is ragging on you, but at the same time, you have to look at what you wrote, and take a step back, and think about everything from an outsiders point of view…

ARGH damnit Jay… :mad:

i didn’t ask them for anything. ywhy isn’t anyone catching that? we now have a new group thats thinking that i’m doing things i’m not.

i never asked the manager “do you think they’ll pay for my car?”
i never even brought up money at all in fact. i just didn’t want to leave with half my bumper in their garden and shit all over the place.

i’m letting them take care of it, and AGAIN, i won’t mind one bit if i dont’ get any money from them. but if they offer under there own accord, i’ll graciously accept. who the hell wouldn’t?

and i really was trying to be cautious, i obviously misjudged, i came in off of maple doing about 30 or so with traffic, and slowed down quickly to try to ease into the lot. i’ve already admitted that i mis-judged, mistakes happen, pencils have erasers, yada yada yada.

please, if any one of you say you would not take money when a million dollar corporation offers it, your full of shit.

Wow… what the hell happened here?

As someone who has to know about parking lot safety, I’ll tell you guys this: It’s the establishments responsibility to have a clear, safe parking lot during business hours. Fact. Bottom line. Period.

Regardless of the condition of his car, he isn’t liable.

Where is JoesTypeS when you need him?

onyx just pwned this thread

Sorry Howie, but public roads and private establishments / parking lots are apples and oranges.