I NEED HELP?????

OK IM TRYING TO WIRE A 5 INCH MONSTER TACH UP IN MY 1998 CIVIC CX HATCHBACK WITH THE D16Y7 MOTOR AND I DONT KNOW WHICH WIRE TO RUN IT TO ON THE DISTRIBUTOR…CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME???:wtf:

If I remember correctly it’s the blue wire coming off the dizzy… if I have time later I’ll double check…

ok i looked and i have 2 blue wires…one is blue and the other is light blue…thanx for the info if you have nemore let me know…i really appreciate it…

I want to say it’s dark blue… but a better place to grab it is at a connector that is towards the driver’s side firewall… you say Honda, I think Blue tach… too many remote starts, If it’s a 96-00 civic there is a plug with a blue wire near the driver firewall that is a tach wire. Just make sure there is absolutetly no where that it could ground out or short out, if that wire grounds out it’ll stall you out and could cause more trouble…

thanx man i really appreciate the help…

I’m not sure why no one has harassed you yet?? Why the fuck do you need a monster tach???

attatch it to the - terminal on your coil pack in your dizzy. hide the wire so the rotor dont hit it. either that or tap your black/blue wire and run it there.

i believe its the - wire. look on your directons and it waill say what to hook to the coil + or -

i would just get a EX cluster on ebay to save alot of riceyness. thye plug right in and it got a factory tach. looks better too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/96-00-Honda-Civic-EX-Gauge-Cluster-With-TACH_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33675QQihZ012QQitemZ220174094254QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

he speaks the truth. that is what wire we used to hook up the tach in Jackdup’s Civic. To date, i don’t think he had any problems. I just cut the plug off and wired it in.

EG Civics have an external tach port on teh drivers side shock tower, it’s used for diagnostic rpm monitoring. No need at all to run to the dist.

EDIT: It’s exactly the plug FOZ is talking about, should have a black cover over the two terminals.

Thanks for putting up such a nice article eve i am looking forward to solutions coming from your side.