I think i am being ripped off by a board member!!

I am not sure if I am posting this in the right spot or not, but I did not know where to put it. This is just my long ass story of a fellow member who I think is trying to get the best of me.

Last week I put a wanted to buy thread in the classifieds section for a in dash dvd played. That night I recieved a PM from ________ telling me that he had one for sale for $250. I offerd him $200 and told him i could pick it up the next day. (I really did not think he would take the offer because the unit sells on ebay for $400+, if he said no I was going to give him the $250) To my surprise I recieved a phone call the next day from _______ and he told me he will take $200 for it. Right then I suspected something was wrong with it but decided to go and check it out. I agreed to meet him at his work out in _____ ______ which is 45 minutes from me. I asked him if it had any scratches on it or anything was wrong with it. He assured me nothing was wrong with it.

When I got to his work I looked over the dvd player and it had a couple scratches nothing major so I gave him the $200 we agreed on. Once again I asked him if anything was wrong with it and he told me “well the faceplate kinda sticks when it’s opening and closing, so you have to give it a lil help by pushing on it.” I thought to myself, that kinda sucks but for the price I can put up with it.

When I got home I was looking at the owners manual and I saw a number on there for Lifetime Service Center (which is Stereo Advantages repair shop). I then sent ________ a Pm asking him to please let me know if something was wrong with this headunit so I did not waste any money having it installed.

The next day I logged onto NYSpeeed and I recieved a response from _____. He once again assured me it worked perfectly and the Lifetime Service Center number was on there because when he had it hooked up the first time it was not loading CD’s. He told me it ended up being a wire he had hooked up the wrong way. I thought to myself thats a lil weird, usually if a power wire is hooked up the wrong way the whole headunit wont power up not just the cd player part. I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt and just take his word for it, even though i knew in the back of my head that was not possible.

I ended up going online and buying a $110 satelite reciever made just for this headunit, a $120 harness so I can still use my cars onstar, a $20 antenna adapter, and a $30 dash kit.

My onstar harness came yesterday so I decided to hook up the headunit. I ripped apart the dash and put everything together and in the car. I was pretty excited, it looked really good. I also preset my radio stations and set the clock. No problem at all.

Next I wanted to try out the screen so I went in the house grabbed a family guy DVD and went to put it in, but it wouldn’t go in. I grabbed a CD and that also wouldn’t go in. I immediately called ______ and said " You said you had a problem with the cds not loadingbefore right". His response was “ya but it was just a wiring problem” I said “what wire was wrong?” he said “I had the wrong blue wire hooked up” I said “ok ill try and switch them” and I hung up.

I pulled everything back out of the dash and looked at the wiring. There were 2 blue wires but they both do the same thing. They both send out low power to turn on different accesories when the dvd player is turned on. One of the wires is labeld “amp turn on” and the other is labled “power antenna”. I dont have an amp or power antenna but I have my on-star module which gets hooked up to the power antenna wire. The onstar module is working so it has nothing to do with the blue wires. Besides that, the blue wires (power out) would have nothing to do with the headunits ability to load dvd’s. SO I KNEW I CAUGHT HIM IN A LIE!!!

I knew all of my wiring was good but took my car to my cousin (we was an installer for circuit city) to look it over. He assured me everything was hooked up properly. He also agreed with me that if something was hooked up wrong the whole headunit wouldnt work, not just the dvd drive.

I went home and sent _____ a text message telling him I felt like I was being ripped off. He told me he can offer a full refund because he’s not about ripping people off. I asked him when would be a good time and he told me anytime is good.

Today at about 1 I sent him another text message asking him if we could meet up so I can give him the radio back and get my money. He then replied with the message that says “Well heres the thing, The dvd played worked 2 weeks ago when i pulled it out so im not giving you your money back” I replied with a text message calling him out on his lie. I told him “this headunit was broke. you told me you had this problem once before but fixxed it by switching the blue wires. that is a lie. the blue wires have nothing to do with the cd player working. they are outputs”. He responded with "allright man, ill refund your money but can we do it tommorow im busy today. I said sure.

I guess we will see what happens tommorow.

If I do not recieve my money back tommorow I will fill in the blanks and tell you guys who the member is. I will tell you he is a regular poster with over 1500 post. I will also go to small claims court on friday and file for a judgement. I have bought many things from many members on here and ubrf, and im sure they will vouch for me. I would never take advantage of some1 and I have never felt taken advantage of till now.

I know this post is really long and kind of pointless. It also has many grammar mistakes but im not in school, so who cares. I also know that board rules are buyer beware, but I just want every1 to know what kind of a scammer _______ is. Do not buy anything from him

cliff notes:

I bought a “TO GOOD TO BE TRUE” DVD player from a member
_______ lied to me about the condition
_______ offerd refund then changed his mind and lied some more
I called out his lie telling him it is not possible
________ realizes im not completely stupid
________ says will refund me tommorow
I say, we will see what happens

EDIT: even if i do recieve my $200 back I am still out money sorta. I am stuck with a sirius satelite reciever that works only with this brand reciever. I doubt I will be buying a new reciever from this brand as there dvd units are too expensive. Im not worried about the other $170 i spent for the onstar module and stuff because those are compatible with any headunit.

Anyway i may have a brand new sirius satelite setup for sale. brand new in box. hasnt even gotten here yet. according to the tracking numbers it will be here tommorow.

UPDATE: from the sounds of it, I am going to get my money back. ______ said i can come get it today but i was at work at the time and didnt feal like driving in this weather. We are suppose to meet up tommorow. I will let everyone know what happens. Sounds like _____ is not that bad of a guy. He just needs a lil motivation.

too much to read…

srsly, cliffs?

its worth reading if there is sumone on the boards fucking ppl in the ass :tup:

hopefully you get your money back

Was it DirtyE30 or Midge?

Not hard to find out, just search threads started by him and look at the one link in on of the threads.

eh, i just sorted by post count, and guessed from there.

I think you should post the name or the forum member should own up and post his name and his side. Either way if I was ever going to do buisness I would want to know if the member was standup enough to admit a wrong.

Please post up name either today or tomorrow after possibly meeting up with the member.

Trader Feedback is on the way :clap:

I just searched… EA scamma yo

Yeah, this is what we dont want happening on here. I would give said person time to fix the problem first, then post name(not like its hard to find).

I agreed to meet him at his work out in _____ ______
no doubt.

save the text messages bob…and take him to court if need be.

that is exactly what i am doing.

if he falls threw tommorow, you will all find out who he is. If he comes thru tommorow i will ask him what he wants me to do. i will either come on here tell you who he is and let you know he stands by his product, or i will just keep his name anonymous. its up to him if i get my money back.

to damn long to read

dont be a dickbag. i thought we’s was friends :frowning:

I read it, sounds like you are doing the right thing.
EDIT: I figured out who it is, also it is very easy to figure out who you are talking about by looking at you previous posts and reading this story.

HAHAHAHA

same old story.

ea skammin hard y0

sorry man it worked perfect so i took it out of my car to sell so buy a different one hahahaha. that sucks