I'll pay you 20$ if you can take my crank bolt off...

Are you sure you are going counter clockwise.

Every time i have a stuck bolt I cover it in miracle whip lite. It creates a chemical reaction with the rust and breaks it down, lmk how it works out for you!

Oh wow! Some of you guys scare me.

Easy way: Car in 5’th or 6’th. Have a friend step on the brakes and use your braker bar to loosen the bolt.

Hard way if easy way fails: Pull the starter off. Have a friend position a large screw driver or pry bar in the teeth of the fly wheel and make sure that said pry bar or large flat headed screw driver is secure and acting as a lever. Use your braker bar to loosen the bolt.

Honestly if you cant figure out how to take the bolt off by yourself than you probably shouldnt be working on an engine. Not trying to be a dick but just saying.

Subaru*
ST 499977100*???

The crank pulley moves even with the brake fully pressed and car in gear. Jumped starter 10 times only lifted the car.
I believe my only hope is ST 499977300.

Anyone work at the parts department at Northtown?

I have done plenty of timing jobs this is just the biggest pain so far. As for your hard way it sounds like more of an easy way to break a tooth on the flywheel, i have never had to do that while an engine was still in a car.

There is only 7" between the crank pulley and the condenser with the Rad removed, and a cross frame member riveted in the center when I pulled up the condenser. So the distance between for any impact I have seen is too small. Maybe K&S might have something as well, if nothing else wish me well.*

After a friend and i attempted this last night the conclusion is it was not torqued down to spec 96ftlb and is much higher like someone fracked an impact on it when the timing was completed 40,000 miles ago (over 200ftlb). If all else fails it sounds like that flywheel/driveshaft might be the only option without cutting away metal to hit it with a huge impact strait on.

If any has said Subaru Crank Pulley Tool I would borrow it for a pack of beer of your choice. LoL maybe the guys at Northtown will have pity on me.*

Who ever had that SnapOn how big is that it looks like it might do the trick?*

Curse the people who took my tools, how I miss my tool box. If nothing else this project has me buying a lot of the stuff I am missing tool wise.*

Thank for all your input and help so far no luck… But the sun will rise to the dawn of a new day.

Regards Sincerely,

DCFJSJ

This will not kill me and only make me smarter and stronger and make me do the body work that I hate, kinda ready to be telling this story of the unincreditorqueable bolt while I am driving it on the highway. " The bolt that wouldn’t give " if I had known I would have blown it up with C4!*

Funny you had me thinking hmmm what is the chemical composition of miracle whip… FML

Omg dirty I seriously almost just choked on a sandwich goddamn

The crank pulley moves even with the brake fully pressed and car in gear. Jumped starter 10 times only lifted the car.
I believe my only hope is ST 499977300.

Anyone work at the parts department at Northtown?
Update Northtown does not even own the tool.

I have done plenty of timing jobs this is just the biggest pain so far. As for your hard way it sounds like more of an easy way to break a tooth on the flywheel, i have never had to do that while an engine was still in a car.

There is only 7" between the crank pulley and the condenser with the Rad removed, and a cross frame member riveted in the center when I pulled up the condenser. So the distance between for any impact I have seen is too small. Maybe K&S might have something as well, if nothing else wish me well.*

After a friend and i attempted this last night the conclusion is it was not torqued down to spec 96ftlb and is much higher like someone fracked an impact on it when the timing was completed 40,000 miles ago (over 200ftlb). If all else fails it sounds like that flywheel/driveshaft might be the only option without cutting away metal to hit it with a huge impact strait on.

If any has said Subaru Crank Pulley Tool I would borrow it for a pack of beer of your choice. LoL maybe the guys at Northtown will have pity on me.*

Who ever had that SnapOn how big is that it looks like it might do the trick?*

Curse the people who took my tools, how I miss my tool box. If nothing else this project has me buying a lot of the stuff I am missing tool wise.*

Thank for all your input and help so far no luck… But the sun will rise to the dawn of a new day.

Regards Sincerely,

DCFJSJ

This will not kill me and only make me smarter and stronger and make me do the body work that I hate, kinda ready to be telling this story of the unincreditorqueable bolt while I am driving it on the highway. " The bolt that wouldn’t give " if I had known I would have blown it up with C4!*

Jesus no one can help this guy!? I sure can’t

LMK when you try the miracle whip. what do you think the “miracle” is?

a chain wrench wrapped around crank pulley with a 1/2" breaker bar, a socket on the crank bolt, a breaker bar on the socket, a long ass pipe/jack handle over the breaker bar on the crank bolt, a strong dude holding the chain wrench breaker bar with a pipe, a strong dude on the other breaker bar. It will release.

Plus a third guy with a map torch on the bolt?

4th Guy to fart next to everyone during the work.

5th guy drinking beer handing wrong tools to people.

If I was in town I’d help yah…

Holly shit you still havent got the bolt out?! The crank pulley will move to an extent even with the brake pressed. It does that because of the buffer springs(not sure of the exact name) in the friction disk of the clutch. Pull the starter and lock the fly wheel with a helper and a pry bar, unless you have a dust cover, which will more than likely be under the car. Then just give the bolt some hell.

I think the bolt will release due to oxidation in less time then the OP is taking

Maybe he can wish it out?

If you rub your balls on it, it will feel uncomfortable and just want out of the awkward situation.

Problem Solved!
You’re welcome.

this bolt still isnt out? lol

last sti i worked on to remove the crank bolt i used a standard 1/2 craftsman ratchet with socket and i positioned the handle so i could get a good swing with a 5lb hammer. came off in 5 minutes after about 5 attempts. this is the method i use for years even though its quite ghetto.

Every time I’m at your damn shop there is one apart there, lol.

Subaru legacy 2.5…

Took five minutes.

7/8 socket on the prybar. Had my dad sit in the car in 1st gear, pushing brakes hard.

Turned motor over as much as I possibly could with the breaker bar, proceeded to smash the f out of the breaker bar.

GASP! The bolt came right out. No torch needed.