IM NEW!!!! lol

I’ll sell ya a SOHC bottom end for your turbo project. Lower compression ftw, bitches.

for the record i was fine with u not tellin me what u do i moved on untill xander brought it back up saying it was rude to ask some one what their job was then he said that i was gettin into you finances?? when nothing i said asked u what ur finances were thats you business i was just curious the job thats all.

lets move on my intention was not to cause problems i was just curoius im sorry i meant no harm

It is rude, it was implied.

like i said im sorry

are u refering the greatest motor evar known as the vq30 in ur #2…cause even being in the top 10 motors of all time it took the 350z a good platform for companies to start making quality parts for the VQ motors…unfortunately its different enough to not be compatable with my version of the VQ…i also get asked y i mods my car…i just say cause i want too…but i am also not trying to build teh ultimate car either…i still hate Saturns though…Happy Motoring

haha thats top gun but its ok…

i have a saturn too, and yes im rebuilding the crap out of it soon and hopefully going forced induction in the spring. no it wont be the fastest thing on the road… there’s always something faster. but have u ever seen someones reaction when they get beat by a saturn? its priceless… i once wooped the crap out of a v8 explorer and the kid wouldnt come up next to me even when i was going 25 down sheridan… thats what i drive a saturn for. because people dont expect it, its origional, and it u can make one fast then that just shows ur skills as a mechanic, more skills then if u were to bolt aftermarket parts onto an already fast car. thats just garbage in my eyes… take something slow like a saturn and make it quick and u deserve respect.

to all the saturn owners on the board, the all know what im talking about.

welcome, i own a supercharged saturn and can help ya out with anything you might need, like someone told me before just do what you want with the car, thats what i did and i know a few others that are doing the same, personaly i think its a fun car to drive, and like blackplastikpos said above its original thats what i like about it.

EXACTLY!!!, i’vce beatin the piss out of:
V6 camaro
Many Riced Out Hondas
Cadillac STS (older)
Pontiac Grand Prix
Pontiac Grand Am
Plymouth Neon
Chevy Silverado 2500
Neck And Neck with a 300ZX turbo (cobalt300z’s)
And many more of you hatin bitches… Thanks for all the props from the saturn community, who KNOW how awesome it is to smoke a car and have them look over and think to themselves “shit, that was a saturn”.

I dont see how it was rude, he only asked what you do for a living.

so much saturn humping in here. i agree that obscure fast cars are cooler than commonly fast cars, but it’s still going to cost alot more than modding a common platform… and it doesn’t take a good mechanic to make a slow car fast, it takes a good mechanic and MONEY!!!

if you are ok with tossing your money away into something that you will never recouperate, then, fine. Trust me, i know what this is like. i lost about 20 grand on my last project. lol. But yeah… if you are young… it’s not a great idea…

please just drop it, i dont care anymore

quoted for truth

I must admit, I agree with Newman. I wish I would have started with a better platform than my last ride. I was so eager to get into the whole car thing, and didn’t realize that in the end I would have been happier just saving my money and buying the car I really wanted. Maybe then I wouldn’t have had to wait till I was almost 30 years old to finally own the car I have always wanted.

It just seems like you are trying to gold plate a turd. It might look pretty in the end, but it is still a turd.

Bring it out for autox next season! Some more fun for us SM guys!

But newman is right (as much as it pains me to say it). You can’t polish a turd. And many of us have tried, only to find out that without an assload of disposable cash, it’s not worth it. Your money is best spent on the car that is “quick” to begin with.

However, if you don’t care what we say, good luck with the build up. I hope it comes out well.

well, it’s a good thing he posted this intro thread he learned 2 important NYSpeed.com facts:

• Too many of us have tried to make shitty cars fast and end up losing our asses on them.
  • Newman is always right.

Good.

:wave:

mm trevor…always coming up with tearful writings.
HAY NOW!

I pay for my insurance! Yeah, when i was 17 i didn’t…but now I do…and let me tell ya! it fucking blows dick!

250$ a month car payment
488$ a year bike insurance

and wait…
3400 a year for car insurance

yes.my insuracne payment is more than my car payment :gay2:

Oh and this goes to the original poster…
kid, stop what you are doing.
How old are you? I am 19. and i figured this out
in a few years I will be looking to purchase a house.
when it came to buying a new car, I looked at the following… new car…VW GTI

or used…something like a honda civic(insert any other pocket rocket)…i would make it realy fast and sweet and shit.
but i looked at the future… in a few years. My GTI will be worth 15,000 or more. thats a pretty good chunck of change…
or in a few years, i would have a sweet honda civic…but when i go to sell the honda i would make maybe 5 grand? at the most!
So if your going to break your bank…do it on a car that isn’t going to depreciate like crazy.

or just keep your saturn… and drive it…and save money for future investments (house,school ect)

omg, and i thought you people got sand in your vagina because i drive a pickup truck :bloated:

I think im gonna end up takin alot of flak for Project :snky:

but some good things

1.)Its RWD

2.) Its NOT a saturn

3.)Newmans always right :rofl:

:rolljerk:

why are you caring about what he does with his ride heel find out on his own he isnt out to impress you asses dont come cryin to mama when he turbo’s it this spring and beats all you saturn hatin bitches

i tell him to sell it and get something different (like a 300zx) there is no changing his mind hes set on moddin his car

why do you care he dont…

:rolljerk:

Welcome :wave: