Insurance and Aftermarket Wheels. Do they mix?

Brett’s car (Big Tymer) got hit by a kid in his ECC class about 10 minutes ago.

It wasn’t bad, and some paint was scraped off his front bumper. But worst of all, his wheel got scratched really bad.

He has 18" BBS CH’s as shown below.

http://files.turbosquid.com/Preview/Content_on_11_19_2004_16_35_41/BBS_CH_1.jpg0ab12439-a35d-487a-8e22-6cbba6d42114Large.jpg

He got the kids information. And when Brett goes to file the claim against the other kids insurance… will they cover the wheel?

They are $600 a peice wheels.

The agency SHOULD cover it, right?

Unless the are included in his insurance policy, any wheel damage that results in the wheel not operating the way it used to gets replaced with factory or they give him money towards a factory wheel. In some cases that’s big coin but not likely in this one.

umm since the other kid hit him… it doesnt matter what your friend has for his insurane policy, the other company has to repair the car to the way it was before the accident

You need to have it included in your policy

Edit : rubi beat me

he wanted to take my car to schoool… this is why i didn’t want him to.

:slight_smile:

yep happened to my buddy, he got hit by a drunk driver with his 18" modera’s on his accord. they wrote him a check no problem.

like said before it will be covered if he was hit by someone…but if it was ur friends fault and not stated in his policy they wont cover it

you need to show proof of purchase usually. I had to have that when I got hit with my running boards on my truck

1010 tires has them from $449-$510. Why would he put wheels that are that expensive and that heavy on a street car :stupid:

it doesnt need to be on his policy if he got hit by somebody

for example… if i didnt have collision on my car… and I got hit i dnot have to pay anything cuz its their comp that pays

why would he stretch the tires?

because the car looks fucking hot…

:tup:

because you would have to see the car to understand. I hate newer vw’s, but his is redic clean and everything flows on it.

Those wheels/tires are worth 3k new. I hope he gets everything takin care of.

ECC is horrible, i hate going through there when i take the bike to school. Everyone is leaving and dumb blondes on their cell phones pull out infront like theres no tomorrow…

our school parking lot is a joke, but i guess that comes with goin to a community college. i am scared for my car everytime i park. i remember some idiot pulled to far up trying to get into a spot behind me and hit my rear bumper while i was in class i still have the marks to show for it.

but when i got in an accident a while back they fixed my body kit but i dunno if that is the same or not

UB is no better

what he said ^^^^^^^

honestly.

the only people at ecc with nice cars, that care what happen to them…are on this board.

Myself, Brett, and JBallz.

Thats it.

If i have forgotten you, I guess I’m sorry?

haha yea i can only imagine!

beck i have l33t parking up by the door, i dont have to walk biotch!

this is untrue.

your insurance company and “their” insurance company have to duke it out.

what that means, is that in most cases(since NY is no fault insurance), you will only get 60% of the money from the other person’s insurance. The rest of the repairs come out of your pocket

re-thinking putting collision on your car yet???

Property damage is property damage.

If he hit any of your property and damaged it he is liable.
If your car was parked leagally(not moving) he will have to pay because it was not your fault at all.