Insurance

bam in my face lol. atta boy kid. just on the ball thats what i like about you.

lmao RBC wanted 856.95 a month from me for liability
…im 18 at the time had a 92 hatch 2 moving violations speeding under 45 km/h over and not wearing a seatbelt

I’m 23
Primary Driver
No Tickets/accidents
87.50/month or $1050 per year
$1 mill liability
red hatch
Belair Direct.

Go to kanetix.ca and you’ll get a quote from about 7 different insurance companies and just call the cheapest. My actual quite ended up less than what i was originally told.

WTF!!! im older than you and i get to pay $400 more???

i ended up talking to a few different brokers, i got 154 a month just liability on a RHD 1991 Silvia. im 23 with 2 speeding tickets on my record. way better then other quotes of 270 ish.

I cant find anything under $750… high risk is a bitch!

What did you do to?

what I found weird was…
my friend drives a 91 mr2 turbo w/ AEM bodykit + hoodscoop (which he told the insurance company about) painted gunmetal… (= bait car)

he’s 20, G2, has been insured under his dad, but never his own name. he got insurance as primary driver for 207/month. i dont understand that.

One-way or full coverage?
Deductible?

He might have told the insurance agent/broker all that info about the car, but did the agent/broker do their job correctly and ensured proper info was given to the company?

Which area do they live in?

Another possibility is that the father is getting a group policy insurance (which are slightly lower than personal policies).

All of these, and other factors determine the premium.

im 19/ g driver/ three tickets/ 89 turbo 240sx $276/month with kingsway

where abouts in vern? I live there too =D

hey i have a question about insurance, hopefully this is the right spot ~

so i just now my 2nd 240, and im going to be putting it on the road asap just waitin for another cheque so i can do the first/last b.s

i’m payin about 436 a month! barebones~

what im wondering is, i dont plan on driving this car in the winter, if i remember correctly i asked the insurance company how that would work and i remember them telling me i still have to pay the insurance on the 240sx, and now also the new vehicle im trying to add(prob a jeep for the winter)

how should i go about trying to store my 240 / not pay any insurance on it(cuz im not driving it) and adding a new vehicle? is this even do-able or is the insurance company right and i still have to pay for both cars? =/

friggin expensive to store a car who woulda thought~

k so if i understand ur question correctly than ur answer is:

most insurance companies will let u remove one car off the insurance policy free of charge, as long as u have a second vehicle that is insured. (i have allstate)
i pay 295$ a month, than come whenever i want to take the car off the street, i call them up tell them, and its put under storage insurance ($50 a year!!) put i do have 2 other cars under full year coverage…

my suggestion is change to allstate LOL

i’m a high risk driver - pretty sure kingsway is the only company around for me right now =/

so if i understand correctly, i’ll need to register my winter vehicle just a little before winter, then after a month or even right away, say im storing my s13 and it would get put on storage insurance?

thx in advance for the help~

yes, u should be able to do that, because now instead of cancelling a policy(crazy charge) ur just moding the policy, and with storage insurance, you are still technically paying insurance for that vehicle. (usually a flood/fire, theift…)

thats good news. i just got a second ticket on 8th line in oakville (i know stupid cops are always there wasent paying attention) only 15 over thou. im worried when i go to put my car in storage and bring out my winter beater the insurance company is going to run a check on me and raise my rates 20%

15over isnt any points, so it wont show up unless u change companies, or cancel/renew a policy. by doing the switch thingy, u havent done any of those to allow for them to realize anything, unless they decide to check ur drivers license # again… which there shouldnt be a reason for them to do…
by law, if the ticket has points, it must be reported it to the isurance company, if not than it’s fine for them not to know about it.
so u should be fine.

score :slight_smile:

does anyone know a good place to get an appraisel done for you vechile for insurance? i need to so i can just put fire and theft on it for the winter…

^ yes and its about 2 min from your house