Insurance

shut up, where?

the place just past vinces on the right did my dads vette, sick job

One of the sponsors on here ‘Right Drive’ does appraisals too.

i don’t know how much you guys pay but i am 21 and pay $95 per month for an s14

Something’s not right here.

91 silvia
$240/month (full coverage)
20 years old and primary
with Drivers ed

state farm

They knew it was RHD when i signed the policy now head office says they don’t take rhd vehicles. Anyone one else with a rhd through statefarm ?

i orignally went through state farm with my silvia but had the same issue, they won’t take a RHD unless i already had a vechile policy with them… which i didnt. i was quoted just under what you are cause i had 2 speeding tickets… i ended up finding a broker who was just awesome… he got me 154 a month liability or 187 i think it was full coverage… pm me if you want his number.

120 month… 91 mr2

Though the lowest price for insurance may seem great. There are a few caveats that I’d like you to keep an eye for.

Make sure you’re properly insured and that all information on your policy is correct. Sure you might have the lowest rate out there, but when it comes time when a claim needs to be made, the insurance company will not be forgiving. In that sense, if there are any discrepancies or information that seems ‘off’ - they will question you. It could also lead to denial of claim or possibly cancellation of policy. Ensure you have proper coverage.

Low priced companies out there will NOT provide the same quality of service. To put it into perspective, many price competitive insurance companies are using call centres. While it’s great for saving cost and hopefully passing the savings onto you, the client, there is a dire trade-off: service. Honestly, what customer service representative on the other side of the world is going to care about your insurance?

Like all things related to cars, paying a little more up front will save you MUCH more money, headache and time in the long run.

100% agree with u gts. u said a good point. everyones dealth with call centers. be it rogers or bell… its not a happy experience

What you need is to have a company your family has been associated with to get reductions. You get reductions for being a member for so many years, for having your drivers license for so long, after 4 years of getting your G1 and having other cars on your list of insured vehicles.

I pay around about $2550/ year for my 93 240sx which is like $80 less than my 91 Civic DX but it also depends on if you’re paying full converage. I only have theft and fire damage as its generally the cheapest.

You are partially correct, some, but not all insurance companies do offer a bit of an incentive if you’ve been with them for a while - however, that also means they’re trying to compete in terms of price, not service. It’s something to be weary of.

Just thought I would rub it in everyones face. I just cleared up my licence, 149 in a 100 from June 2006 (before the street racing bullshit) and a 39 over so now my record is totally clean.

Anayway, I just started coverage with Belair Direct. I’m 24. With a 97 kouki

• Full Coverage
  • Accident forgiveness
  • Rental Car
  • $500 Deductible

$126/month :cool:

Im not sure what you mean by that but I’ve got 2 million in liability. My sister pays $1800 a year for her 01 corolla and my dad pays $1000 and he does have a bad record. Im pretty sure if I die in a car accident, the 2million will have done my parents proud. Our house, 3 current vehicles, (many of my fathers prior vehicles, my old moped [no comment]) and We have over 35 years of service with this company too, though… but I just think its alot easier than looking around for the cheapest because its been reliable to us.

If you’re a student or a university / college graduate, Meloche Monnex (TD’s sister company) has been the best rate i’ve found so far. I got a quote of 145 per month…about 1800 a year. 24 y/o 93 hatch, clean record

im having a problem with getting insurance, i was with kingsway and yea i know there shyt but they take high risk drivers and now i tried to get insurance again with kingsway through a broker and now im paying more then i was 2 years ago $501 something and since june 2008 i havn’t been driving my supra or 180sx and i even tried personal and they would only insure you if the place you work with is insured with them so!!

i have 3 accidents 1 from 06 and 2 from 07 and 3 tickets and i can’t get anything cheaper then $8300 a yr

does anyone know any place for high rick that would insure a 89 supra with 3 accidents and 3 minor tickets. Im looking for like at least 500 and down

Ryan

www.kanetix.ca
www.insurancehotline.com

uhh youre guys’ rates are waaay lower than mines, im payin $405 a MONTH! with scotia, thats one way ONLY, i have a clean record, from scarborough and drive a 92 hatch…

word. I’m at $330 a month. 21, 1 ticket. SCARBOROUGH.

It’s alot about location.

Location does play a big role. Also, different provinces have different rules.