KKKustom exhaust at ASS (lots of pics)

holyrusttttttt! fix that before it gets as bad as my car! mike make me one tooo!

someone teach me how to weld!!!

me as well plz. i wanna learn to do these

modern welding school…call em up

not something I wanna pay for, just something Ive always wanted to learn the basics of

its actually easier than you would think. its basically all in the technique. if you go nice and easy making “C” shaped swoops while welding it makes the best weld.
the first time i ever welded was at corey’s garage with mikes welder and some scrap. i gotta say its pretty fun to do. ive now successfully welded an exhaust for cameo in class at school and the welds came out pretty well for the shitty metal i was welding together

I tried at Mikes. I liked it. It doesnt seem terribly difficult, just putting in time to do it better will make it come out nicer, i think. Id definitely wanna practice more.

Keey to welding… Practice

key to 333whp prelude: ask brian

and lots of money for metal, a welder and all the extra shit you need with it

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u166/cjrusso/kkkustomexhaust/IMG_1442.jpg
now shut up about it not having a tip

looks good

thanks, but did you really have to quote the pic thats RIGHT above your post? :lol

LOLOLOLOLOL totally forgot to edit the pic out haha, sorries

Metal super market, walk in take a hard right and spend $20 on a shit ton of scrap shorts they have in the rack. sheet 16ga, 22ga, 1/16, 1/8, 3/16, 1/4, 3/8. 1/2… Mild steel, Aluminum, Stainless, tubing pieces, angle iron, square… lots of shit to get on the cheap and spend a day welding it all up and practicing. Butt welds, lap welds, fellet’s, verticle, overhead… they are all very different.

just about anyone can pick up a mig and make metal stick. How well it stays together, or looks (good looking welds arnt allways strong) comes with time.

If you want to learn, dont cheap out on a harbor freight shit box becasue its cheap. They are actually hard to make work right… Lack of consistant power, wire speed doesnt adjust well, wire speed might get faster or slower, or jitter… just frustraites you and will bumm you out when your welds look like shit.

CL, look for a small miller, hobart (cheaper version of a miller), lincoln… flux core sucks forget it. $300 will get you a good used mig that will teach you alot.

I have a small FAQ list in my head, we taught a female friend of ours how to weld… she never touched one befor. in 2 days she got the hang of it and actually laid some mig welds on my brothers ranger build!

i built my jeep bumper with supermarket metal, the only expensive part was the 60$ 5’ piece of 2X4 the rest was made from the extra foot of the piece i didnt need and scraps from the drop shelf

what a terrible pic

Pete… its an exhaust tip for cryin out loud. lol

:rofl

for those who wanted a vid