KKKustom exhaust at ASS (lots of pics)

Thats just up the Vband I put on there… the rest of the muffler and what not make that thing wicked quiet putzing around and sounds almost as loud but a little less raspy under power.

Sounds/looks great corey,Now take your jewish ass to your computer and order tha motherfocking DP!!!

FWIW: my midpipe was fabricated by KKK, and the catback was fabbed by Seamus.

DARE TO COMPARE.

interesting. Tomorrow when we put it on the lift at ASS, and I replace that 2 bolt with the Vband… maybe we can take a look see.

i believe he is going back to stock. and not using the vband, because he is selling it…

Yeah, AlpineSkiier is getting a Denali so the daily shall return to stock

updated OP with pics of the turndown piece mike fab’d up

what gas mix was used to weld the exhaust? tip looks good

the mig was prolly 75/25 argon/co2 the tig was most likely 100% argon.

Yeah just wondering since I’ve been reading up on stainless MIG and they recommend tri mix with very low carbon content

75/25 is a good universal mix for mostly mild and the occasional stainless, ive always used 100% argon for stainless welding with tig. i rarely use mig for stainless but the usual 75/25 works fine.

He said it, that was the gas setup for both machines.

WELDING omggzgzzzzzz!!!

you guys are not worried about the welds rusting using C25? Because I welded on some scrap SS w/ regular steel wire and the welds look great, but I know they are going to rust. Even with SS wire and 75/25 I know they will rust… the question is how long will it take…

wrong your doing it.

Its all in the type of filler wire and heat. Stainless resists rust based on the composition, the amount of chromium. Too much heat and chromium will burn off during welding it and it will loose its rust resistance. that’s the first thing that will cause stainless to rust… by itself.

introduce other filler metal to a molten stainless and its a different issue. If you use standard copper coated steel wire, it wont have the chromium content to keep it from rusting. Fail.

The MIG I did with the stainless wire was 309L wire, which is supposed to be good for joining dissimilar stainless metals, while preserving the rust resistance for the weld.

Same goes for tigging if you burn it or use the wrong filler, it will rust still.

The thing about MIG welding it, even with the right filler wire is the lack of post flow gas coverage to shield the red hot weld while it cools from oxides that can make it sugar or turn porous. But do the old tack and wack, weld method: tack, tack, tack, tries to keep the heat down and should reduce (not remove)the need for post weld shielding gas. It really doesn’t matter what mixture you run, as long as it cools the weld and pushes away the oxygen it’s doing its job.

Corey, is your shit rusting?!?! you can be dead honest, if it is (I doubt and hope it isnt) i wont take offense just let us know.

infact I will expierement. I will take a section of the same tubing we used on this exhaust… run a bead of TIG purged stainless filler weld. then a weld just like I did on this exhaust with the MIG 75/25 with 309L wire, then one with 309L with 100% argon MIG, then one with 100% argon with copper coated wire and finally one with 75/25 and copper.

throw it in the back of the truck and leave it in there for a while. Ill drive through rain, snow, salt spray… i do 300 miles a week. and post back. :thumbup

last i checked it still looks pretty solid
just took a pic a min ago
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u166/cjrusso/kkkustomexhaust/IMG_1461.jpg?t=1291923186

That’d be great… from what I’ve researched… c25 puts too much carbon into the weld and decreases the ss rust resistance no matter what. I’m asking all of this bc id like to build a nice exhaust without needing the expensive tri mix.

thats a huge disadvantage with mig welding is the limited or non existent post-flow. everyone should learn to tig weld lol.