KKKustom exhaust at ASS (lots of pics)

Shit yeah!!!

Last I heard Synapse doesn’t like thieves…

Seamus, I have no problem with you… But why is it that you have to one up everyone constantly? You’re probably a decent kid, but you sure do make yourself out to be an arrogant prick.

Well, hey! You gotta do weight reduction SOMEHOW, dontcha?

I read that welding titanium is pretty tricky. Have you tried it much? Has anyone else tried it?

Mike, if you want some company or if youre willing to let me weld something(practice a bit more), let me know. I can come by for a small visit.

I weld it frequently yes.

how is it compared to stainless, aluminum and other things you work with?

This thread is all well and good but is there a video of this subaru exhaust yet, i just read through a lot of bullshit looking for a video and I failed to see one…

i need to get the shitty squeaking noise from the spring bolts fixed (replace with stainless bolts) and then i will take a video and put it in the OP

Typically have to weld the part in the purge chamber. Oxide is a bitch. Biggest pain is EVERYTHING has to be specific for the Ti. All tooling, cutters, jigs, etc. No cross contamination. I have a few torches just for the crap. Aside from that it’s normal for me.

20wrx09, I know you said the muffler doesn’t drone but if you remove the cat it likely will a bit. It does on my car and grantid yes my car doesn’t have a turbo to muffle the noise but it does drone a bit w/o the baffled/silencer tip in place. I have twin 2.25" pipes going right back to that can, with nothing more than a pair of ~18" resonators in place.

Maybe stuff a high flow cell unit in the exhaust if/when you mod the DP.

Definitely want to see some shots of your titanium work :slight_smile:

little update…
painted the muffler section with some engine enamel. and for shits and giggles i started up the car without the muffler on and made me wish i picked a louder muffler lol. i will get some vids up on monday after i go to mikes to get the tip put on.
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u166/cjrusso/kkkustomexhaust/IMG_1438.jpg

NICE. Definitely wanna hear this car.

because i didnt know he got one. i like the look of them

Lol, I still don’t understand where this theif thing sprouted from, ill have to ask those guys the next time we chill, I don’t really one up everyone, and I don’t try to. I purposely say rediculous shit to piss people off, that’s that. Its your own fault if you turn into a butthurt ignorant douche because of it, I just sit here and laugh.

Do they do mandrel bending there…I have a downpipe I need modified

What DIA is the downpipe?

Its not something you just slap into “bender”. A mandrel bender takes an XX" dia pipe and slides it over a die which is drawn through the machine to bend it without kinking or compressing it. so once its bent up in a shape, there is no going back.

What exactly needs to be change on the DP? pic? If its a 3" stainless piece, there are some msc bends left over we could cut in to your DP and make it work. or pie cut it to change the bends or what ever.

I have a 3" downpipe. I just need a new one bend piece put in vs what I have now with is a U-bend more or less and it hangs really low. I scrape it everywhere I go and would like to have the U-bend taken out so I can go a little lower with coilovers.

Its a bit hard to explain but once you see it you understand, just a bad design on the headers. You’ll have to cut the Flex pipe section out on the rear bank weld in a piece to come straight down then a slight 75* bend into another straight.

You would have to do it with the header on the car, cause those things can’t come back off…but there is plenty of room to work worth from underneath. (those headers barely fit in that little cramped ass engine bay)

Sorry for threadjack

I am going to pull a ToughDbag1 here and say HOLY BIRD SHIT WELDS!!! That welder needs to turn up the heat and down on the wire speed!

anyways. with that V band in the way it makes things a bit harder. you would have to cut that off move it up higher, and make a better, tighter bend there. I see what your talking about though.

how about just slice a inch and a half off the bottom and weld a flat piece of plate back on! lol would cause a little choke point but who knows. :rofl

for real though. let me see what we can do.

EDIT, i see the flex section is up stream from the vband clamp there… i gotcha now.

also what is that a GTP?

like you said if you have enough pipe up top that I could cut the flex section out, and move it up 2 inches, weld it back on, with the V band still on it,then cut the P shaped bend thing out right at the weld at the entrance of that spun cat, I could make something fit back in there much better.

Call ASS and set up an appt to put it up in the air, Sat’s I can get there and do it, m-f I work 8:30-5 so i cant get there in time.