Krazykid & SSmokinn Fishing trip. 4/24

That’s the only thing I enjoy fishing for :lol

It’s not mobbed if you go during the right times/places.

YES! We go every fatherday week/end for the blues and strippers. last year the sharks kept the blues out of the bay, so we hit strippers on the other side. The biggest one I landed was a 40" 25lber, I gotta find the pic and post it later. All on top water Atom poppers, ripping blue/chrome 10" jointed jerk baits or big sluggo on a jig head for the at the boat follow up bait when they miss the other baits.

When the blues are on, its a fucking blast! cranking Atom poppers as fast as you can physically reel it in, and they hit it about 5-10 times on a retrieve until you hook them, then they take of like a bat out of hell and run for 70 yards. STRONG FISH doesnt even begin to describe them. And we dont cheat with 8-10 foot heavy salt rods, we are casting 7’7" med/heavy bass/pike rods so its a fight for sure.

I am using all my PTO with my wedding/honeymoon this year, but if we could get a long weekend trip together, and a boat or two (18’ walleye boat at least, out there its either like a lake in the bay, or its 2-3 foot rollers on a decent day. get caught in a storm and kiss your ass good bye in anything smaller than an 18’!) I would be down for sure to go to the cape!!!

edit here is a blue pic I found. dont mind the mighty whitey with the bad hair day… lol

wow, nice.

Wow your not messing around

nice fish bud.

did you show your dad the pic of your bucket mouth from yesterday?

Yeah fishin is SRSBSZNESS!!!

I told him about it when I got home and didnt get to check the thread until after I left his house. Ill print it out and paste it to his steering wheel in the work truck! lol

BAM another big blue pic. Still cant find the damn stripper pic.

http://shift518.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3734&stc=1&d=1303763050

headed to the lake in 36 minutes for round 2!

definitely can’t wait to see these stripper pics :excited :lmao

well I went out today and mike met up with me around 5:30. I got SKUNKED today…havent been skunked in a long time and mike landed a bass that was bigger then yesterdays monster. 6lbs, 8oz. Absolute beast.

for those of you that dont know much about fresh water fishing, a 6lb bass is usually once in a life time catch up here in NY… and mike caught two, on back to back days. Same lure.

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj136/sxryder46/DSC00010.jpg

wait till you guys see the pic from tonight!!! It was sloooow. Drew was there for like 5 hrs and didnt get a single hit, I got there after work and got one hit, one fish… and he got 2 hits but missed the hookup. We did find the bait fish and saw a bunch of jumpers but it was veryyy slow.

except for one :ninja

http://www.nybass.com/showthread.php?46885-4-24-11-Round-Lake-Lunkers

mike check out that link and look what someone said…

“That`s a Berkley Digital scale that weighs in decimels. 6.8 lbs is actullay 6lbs 13 oz. Your cheating yourself out of 5 oz. Great fish. congratulations”

sooo it turns out that fish is even bigger then we thought!!!

:wow

Seriously some huge bass for up here.

My buddy pulled out a 5lb bass ice fishing that lake last year, quite the catch!

nice catches guys! if there is a lot of poeple who fish on here it would be cool to have a catch thread or whatever , i went out on easter had a great time… 29 inch 16 pound dumpster :lol nice to land on a trout pole

nice trout man. Great eating. I dont fish for them nearly as much as I should.

carp are so pointless lol

well I have gone out fishing the last 4 days in a row, and got skunked. Fish completely shut off. I have to work the rest of the week so tonight was the last night I could go. I figured why the hell not.

I ended up with 4 small bass, and FINALLY a 34"+ tiger muskie. I have been trying sooo hard to catch one of these guys out of round lake, but they are getting rarer and rarer since they dont stock the lake anymore.

Fucking SICK DUDE, i need to check this place out!!!

wow dude really impressive…nice catch bro i would love to go fishing with you guys sometime…sounds like you know what you are doing

LOL thanks!

as far as knowing what Im doing…I guess to a certain extent you could say so. I have been fishing since I was 3 and my uncle taught me the best (professional bass fisherman sponsered by All star, berkley etc)

you dont learn any better then spending time on the water tho.