Late Semptember Poll : Would you let your car get hit?

KBB:

$4780-Mine

$2815-yours

Both in ex condition with options

my car’s agreed value with the insurance company is higher than $4780 /argument

i was actually lol’ing at a coincidence and giving you a complement, not hatin’ :lol

Right, but what Im saying is you can over insure anything, I could make mine worth 12K if I wanted to, just dont wanna lol.

i know i know but my hooptie actually is insured for that much, payments are a bit more but its still worth it.

Ive thought about upping mine just in case something were to ever happen to it, just gotta get around to it…

As much as Id love to have somebody total my Mustang for me so Id be done with it the book value is horrible and Id be totally fucked on that deal. Book value is $1700 and Ive got a hell of alot more into it than that.

The trucks got full coverage and gap insurance but unless its totalled out I dont want anybody hitting it. I dont want to be paying on something that had a ton of body damage.

Matt told me I should get mine appraised and insured for the appraised value when its done.
Sounds expensive though.

Its actually not that bad I guess. The 56 is appriased and insured for over 40K… and its pretty cheap

I normally try to avoid collisions as much as I hate said car I am driving at the time

Probably more than the $40 a month I pay for it now though.
Are there mileage limits? Not like I actually drive the car anyway but I wouldnt want to go over the mileage and not be covered.

yesssssssssssssss.

let it get hit ,its insured for for well over what its worth

hell yeah free money lol, shit i just bought a 95 civic ex coupe last month for $2500 and a week later it was crashed ( in the insurance eye’s totaled… lmao no frame damnage at all just needs a hood front bumper and a pass fender) and i got $2500 back after buyback

There are a few “if” circumstances for me to answer this question…

IF… no one would get hurt.
IF… no domestic animals would get hurt.
IF… there were no rare parts on my car.
IF… I was only in the Porsche… And it was going to be 100% totaled.

YES. All day.

I would not intentionally let this happen. If someone were to hit me, they would pay for whatever damages I incurred, vehicle and personal. But I am not going to go out and try to get hit to collect money. Everyone complains about insurance prices being high and then say yes to things like this, which are part of the reason on which ins. prices are based.

Typically to qualify for Haggerty, or some sort of other specialized insurance, you need great credit, some sort of equity, and a great driving record.

They can put mileage limits on it as well.

your car has options? like what, radio delete? :rofl:rofl

No, I wouldnt wreck my car. Probaly wouldnt get much for a 95 Civic w. 175k…

Ironic this thread just got posted today, on my way home from the doctors I was coming down Broadway and someone was pulling away from the curb in the opposite lane - a car flying down that lane swerved around him head on into my lane, I had to slam on the brake and move over so we didn’t collide. Would have been 100% his fault, but still just not worth it.

Yeah it happens on near daily basis.

One thing that scares me the most, is avoiding an accident with somebody who’s pulling out directly into my lane and me causing another accident by the instincts of avoiding hitting the car in front of me.

So I’m still ending up in an accident but now it’s my fault :banghead