Movie thread.

Two movies I would not recommend watching

Apollo 18 - Had high hopes for this movie, turned out to be the blair witch project on the moon with moving rocks. The movie fell on its face at the “climax” especially. Had me intrigued with the slow beginning but slowly lost me midway.

Contagion - Had some high hopes for this movie as I’ve always loved movies about viruses/contamination, right at your door comes to mind, i thought that was an absolutely awesome movie. this is about a virus that quickly kills people. It’s a very slow movie, no real suspense, nothing to really keep you interested, felt more like a bad hypothetical documentary/conspiracy theory played by high paid actors then a movie. Felt numb during the whole thing, I lost interest almost immediately and never got it back.

Not a movie, but me and the wife started watching the TV series Lie To me, it was one of those shows that we saw 5 minutes of at the end of a DVR recording of House but never actually watched it, queued it up on netflix this past weekend and me and the wife are hooked, tim roth is fucking awesome. Highly recommend it.

[ame=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waYxuyM4vi0&feature=player_embedded”]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waYxuyM4vi0&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Just saw Kings Speech. I’d recommend it. Good plot, good acting and based on a true story.

liked the girl with the dragon tatoo as well. it gets pretty sick at times, she is a pyscho but a good one and you really start to like her, the end is dissapointing .

Been a long time since I’ve watched Band of Brothers and I never saw a lot of the episodes 100% through

Bought the Blu-Ray disc set yesterday and started watching it again, the encoding is fucking gorgeous, the series is fucking awesome and the sound is amazing, rocking the house with the 5.1 cranked.

Plan on watching True Grit tonight, heard a lot of good things about it

I wasn’t that impressed with that movie at all. Original is ten times better.

[ame=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTFNa7EhUCQ”]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTFNa7EhUCQ[/ame]

I’m sure this movie will be good for a couple scares, but why is it that any possession movie nowadays has every possessed person being a contortionist like they’re in Cirque du Soleil?

Watched moneyball last night, I liked it.

/pjb

I just recently watched Moon with Sam Rockwell in it. It was a really good movie, and definitely worth a watch.

Moon is very good.

+1

Most of these sundance films and other festival films that never made it to the big screen are 10x better then any of these huge movies in theaters

THen again big box office flicks cater to the simple minded folk that only care for explosions, gore and big fake titties

sup

:rofl

i was in the other thread and i heard something about fake titties from over here?

going to see devil inside tonight with the wife… ill post tomorrow how it was… should be good!!

Sucked , saw that and girl with a dragon tattoo last night . See the dragon movie wayyyyyyyyy better

trying to remember what a movie is

On my - “To Watch” list.

The Artist
Drive
Huge
Descendants
TinTin
Jumper
Just Friends

Comments or recommendations?

the hell kind of a name is tintin? WHO THE FUCK NAMES THEIR CHILD TINTIN?!?!?!

Drive was awful. Boring as shit, with literally 45 minutes of close ups of Ryan Gosling’s pensively staring face. If I wanted to see that, I’d just pause the movie. Also, for a movie called “drive”, there is next to no actual driving. There’s a driving sequence in the beginning where nothing of real interest happens, and then a time that is best comparable to “forever” into the movie, he finally gets the 5.0 mustang, and can barely outrun a 300C with it in a very short chase.

It has christina hendricks in it, which would be awesome, except they dressed her up in frumpy clothing and whore makeup.

Worst of all are all the scenes where he and the female love interest just sort of stare at each other and don’t say anything. There’s a lot of that, and it honestly feels like the actors just forgot their lines. Despite the well-established fact that “violence is one of the most fun things to watch”, the actual violent scenes in Drive were not, instead ranging from “unsatisfying” to “uncomfortable”

Don’t bother with it. Go watch something good, like Girl With the Dragon Tattoo