Movie thread.

i really need to get netflix.

Hurt Locker was pretty good, but be careful, you might get sued :rofl
Agree with above on Drive, movie was awful.
What annoys me the most is pretentious critics high-fiving each other about how this is the best thing since sliced bread, and how deep, meaningful and well-made it is. Establishment agenda if I ever seen it.

Hurt Locker was indeed pretty good. What was the law suit issue with the film?

No matter how much I wanted to see Drive after all these reviews I may just save my time and pick one of many other movies on the list.

Working on the Lord Of The Rings Trilogy currently

I’ve seen the first and some of the second one, but that was ~10 years ago. Watched the first one last night, holy fuck i forgot how long it was. Sounds and looks epic with my home theater setup.

Also Going to watch Saving Private Ryan tonight. Ive seen it a few times but its been awhile, and its just an epic fucking movie.

Watched “Get Smart” and it was painfully bad even with Anne Hathaway in it, couldn’t save it. I wanted two hours of my life back.

Cowboys & Aliens was alright, quite a weird story line and sort of expected good guys win ending.

Also saw Good Will Hunting for the first time. It was strange seeing Ben Afleck and Matt Damon so young but the movie was quite good, just as I’ve heard.

The Grey is pretty good, kind of a surprise ending but, good.

Descendents is pretty good as well, sort of a whole different genre of movie but, good.
Didn’t feel ripped off paying to see either one.

rewatched Wanted last night, fucking awesome.

Dolphin Tale.

No joke, watch it on the plane. Suprisingly good movie the whole family can enjoy.

I actually like Get smart. there was some real fun shit in there, plus a lot of funny ass quotes to repeat.

I watched source code and it was definitely worth the watch. The ending was kinda nuts too.

Bucky larson was Meh. I expected more from Nick Swardson. It would probably be funny if i was high/drunk.

Macgruber was the same as bucky, a few laughs but mostly meh. probably hilarious if i was high/drunk.

I rewatched Kiss Kiss bang bang for the hell of it. that movie fuggin kicks ass. RDJ’s return to greatness was through this film.

not a movie, but for the last 3 days ive been watching breaking bad…seen parts of episodes on tv and liked it so I thought id watch the entire thing on netflix…

Shows is fucking gangster as fuck… I love it.

Knowing you, you may undertake a new business venture :shifty

:rofl

Breaking Bad is my favorite show right now. It’s so well put together. I’m almost done with season 3 on Netflix.

End of season three is insane…

lolol, ive done a ton of dumb things in my life, but id never ruine my life for that shit…

shit is addicting lol

Word, im watching it right now, im up to the part where Walt gets pepper sprayed by the cop for giving him a ticket for his cracked windshield lol

Act of Valor

It comes out the end of the month, 27th IIRC, looks awesome, the acting looks terrible but it looks to be a seriously awesome believable war movie

The actors are not actors, they are Active Duty SEALs, not tier 1 obviously but regardless active duty. Was originally supposed to be a few minute long recruitment movie for the Navy, they realized they were onto something and thought hey, why don’t we just use these guys and make a movie? Took them a few years to shoot it due to deployment cycles, was all shot on a Cannon 5D. I ready anything and everything I could find on this movie when I realized it was coming out.

Every review ive seen on it so far from people who go to see the early preview said that the acting was so-so, but when it came to being in the shit, it felt real, the emotions in their faces and the way they operate just makes it extremely believable.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnlPgo9TaGo[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuqpLOiFCfo&list=UUi8e0iOVk1fEOogdfu4YgfA&index=30&feature=plcp[/ame]

Seeing act of Valor, saw previews a month ago. Looks epic.

Watched Moneyball, was really good.

Oh, Workaholics is fucking hilarious.

Moneyball is really good, and I don’t even watch baseball.

dude, wtf?

It ends in the worst possible fuckin way? Is there a season 4 being made? Thats so gay I wanted to see if Walt was gonna get popped.

Watched Drive last night, I had no expectations of this being a huge driving/car movie, with that being said I thought it was very well done. It keeps you on your toes with its slow pace, buts its far from a boring slow IMO. While the slow tense moments don’t lead up to mind blowingly awesome car chases or over glorified violence, whatever happens ends up being just enough to keep you invested. The chase scenes while short were great IMO, and the violence felt authentic and twisted. The movie leaves a bit up to you to wonder, like how fucking twisted the “driver” really is or what he did before the movie takes place. The close ups of his face, while somewhat long at times, show the changing emotions in his face, showing what his voice hides, happiness, sadness, and how sick and fucked up he really is.

IDK I thought it was great, a bit slow, but if you don’t like just atching movies just for the fast cars and explosions, then you’d prolly appreciate it.