MP3 Downloads

So I joined this site, http://musicmp3.ru

Your sign up fee is $30 through Paypal and you can download that amount of songs/albums. Each Album goes for anywhere from $1.50 to $2.50, individual songs are $.15 a piece usually. All music is AT LEAST 192kbs bitrate.

I was thinking of making an NYSpeed account and people can contribute like $5 or something. If we get enough people we can have a crazy amount of cash and people can get songs whenever they want. This will be on the honor system and I will probably give out the password to people who pay.

You may be asking yourself, “RuBiCaNT, how will I not get caught by that evil RIAA?”

The answer to that is NO. This site is in Russia (god bless those godless commies :wink: ) so copywrite laws do not apply.

this is cool, but it doesnt give the artists shit and youre still paying for it.

I still think we should make a NYSpeed DC++ server

im on allofmp3.com

same in russia, cheap songs, blah blah etc…

Either/or works…

yep. both great sites.

cheap too

I’d rather download them for free, than see the money not going to the artist.
I just goto about 50 concerts a year and drive everywhere to see them. Buying concert t’s and $50 tickets does my share.

I just don’t think you should pay to feel numb.

+1… That would be awesome.

in russia, music buys you.

Paying for music, that does not go to artists = not my cup of tea.

+2
although the main selling point of DC++ is it’s super fast on college networks, and it wouldnt apply, we could still probably get a solid shared library on here

i could set up my ftp again

i have lots of albums and shit.

3+

I can contribute plenty.

shit lets get something going, i have a seperate 60 gig HD just for music and 3/4 of it is filled from stuff from the 60’s till now.

I dont think anyone was paying attention when I linked this a few months back…

http://www.albumbase.com/

Sign up and you can download unlimited albums,they’re albums that people hosted on sites like zshare and megaupload.You dont even need a real email address,you just have to be logged in to d/l them.

:tup:

I am firewalled so I can not run it on my server. Anyone have a spare PC running on a connection? We would need to lock down by usernames and passwords too for each account so only NYSpeed members can get on it.

+4 i would be in to contribute

i have a fast connection

+1

Mostly everyone on here has access to Newsgroups/Torrents, so sharing shouldn’t be an issue.

Thanks to sureshot I just got on OiNk and I like how they have a request forum, where people can make requests for a specific cd/bitrate.

yeah but most people on here wont pay for ngs.