My Build Thread LS1/FD Its Fast!

I will make sure to toss in the powerglide before the track day.

Rear end will rip out of the subframe.

I think many other things explode before that happens.

Like the headlight motors!

ha possibly. I expect the car to be like turbocivs this year. High hp IRS manual trans cars deff like to destroy driveshafts, axles, and transmissions. But I will deal with that WHEN it happens as it is pretty inevitable once you start making big power.

:tup: I will be out with mine in a week or so. We need to get some cruising in.

Joe give me a call when you are free for a min so I can come over and see it. Mine honestly should be out cruising already I have just been really busy and not all that motivated.

Can we go get it tuned plz?

But then I would have to make time to install the seats which would require a solid 5min of labor. :frowning:

Are we putting this on the ground Sunday?

Sure!

So car is on the ground. I still have to finish the interior. Anyone that feels like lending a hand later let me know. I am busy till about 830 though.

I’d stop by tonight to check it out and lend a hand but i’ve got some dusty puck tonight. You going to be doing anything tomorrow?

Not sure about tomorrow. But possibly.

I wish I was around for this build, would have loved to stop by and just gawk at it, and maybe lend a hand for the simpler things lol.

whos doing the cal work on this thing?

also, burn outs = intact driveline but at the same time, burn outs = sex with girls and ALSO, burn outs = lost races = no sex with girls. gotta pic and choose your battles. i think ive gone cross-eyed.

cant wait to see this car!

What is cal work?

Burnouts are for the street on street tires! I am not really interested in racing on the street. At the track I run slicks and hook up just fine.

i meant who is your tuner.

yeah youre to the point where its just plain dangerous. excellent.

I deff will still race the hell out of it on the track.

Right now Chuck(firehawk) helped me out with a nice base tune to get it running. JD(turbociv) will prob have it on the dyno shortly.

Sorry for the lack of updates…but I just drove the car about 2-3 miles.

:slight_smile:

All went well. Needs an alignment. I have been working on the tune with the help of JD,LZ and NickW Car is running and driving great.

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

Also I would like to state again

I FINALLY DROVE MY CAR!!!