my incident at tims

It is not different than phone calls being recorded without you actually knowing.
Police or others listening in.
You are recording for your safekeeping of your self. Protecting your rights as a human being.

Am I right?

Next time try being more respectful towards the officer when they first confront you. Getting out of your car with a WTF attitude doesn’t get you anywhere.

They have also probably seen your car drifting before…

“it seemed like a good idea at the time”

More respectful? Are you kidding me? I was playing a little bitch most of the time. Yes sir, no sir.

I had no attitude when I got out of my car. I figured I was already parked. We were on private property. What is the big deal?

Seen me drifting before? Not likely. Seriously not likely. Either way…you can not charge someone for dangerous driving many many moons after the incident that did happen in his mind.

^ This is CORRECT… you HAVE to be part of the conversation to be recording, you would not need the second parties consent, and they would not even need to know the conversation is being recorded. This would be fully admissible in court. How do I know this? I’ve sat in on MANY court cases, formally studied in various aspect of the law, also had actual detectives (the guys that actually deal with real crime and not hand out bullshit tickets) as instructors not your run of the mill police constables.

However if you placed a recording device in a room, area or recording someone else’s phone conversations which you are not part of (your not actually speaking or anything) even if the topic is about you but you are not directly speaking. The recording will not be admissible in court.

This is generally the rule for non law enforcement regarding recordings and video.

YES they can. The officer of the law can just claim he saw you doing it a week ago and you ran away from the scene. But also look into the possibility of someone that does not like you calling and faking a claim that your car was drifting in a parking lot. Trust me it has happened to me before and I beat it.

Find out Where And When the incident took place. It might have been that day or a week earlier.Get some video recordings from the surrounding businesses. In my experience they(managers,owners) were quite helpful. No judge in the world is going to believe a 20ish year old man driving a “tuner”/“street racing” car was doing nothing. You need a lot of evidence and some witnesses. If you were truly in the wrong the just make a plea bargain with them.

read my post above.

If you are recording a conversation (phone conversation, face to face and even now text messages) which you are taking part in… for example… you talking to the officer the recording is fully admissible in court and you don’t have to tell the officer shit while your recording, he doesn’t need to know.

If however lets say you start recording 2 other people speak, they must have full knowledge of you recording and you must disclose that you are recording. If you do not disclose you are recording that piece of evidence will be thrown out.

Unless you have a warrant signed by a judge. Then you can shove a recording device up the guys ass and record his conversation with his own mom.

Then you can also turn it into the issue of infidelity. With the generally approved theory being all bets are off. That means a private investigator could record you and follow you around to see if you are having an affair, cheating you business partner out of money, scamming an insurance company and so on.

FTP

[QUOTE=87s15lt1;458516Yesterday I managed to get a hold of an officer I know. He looked up the incident on his in-car comp. He says the officer stated that I was drifting, doing doughnuts, burnouts and I almost hit a median.

Like, I wish I could literally re-play what happened and fucking make a video for everyone to see.[/QUOTE]

Well he can’t do that man, there’s an ethical code of conduct - get on it right away, and get it thrown out. Good luck

Wow you people who keep saying their not going to beleive him and so on …come the fuck on if the cop has no proof there is no fucking case, they dont get special treatment because their a cop…

Probably the cop didn’t make the quota yet so anybody with some riced cars roaming around they will find a way to nab or get someone in trouble just because they have the right to do so, and that’s the sad part. Now I also got to deal with this bullshit next year court date is May and hoping both cops on same car would show up and lets see who’s at fault.

No affence but

Citizen (Males)

COP (Females)

This is the way most of the world sees it these days

This is how anyone with authority looks at it

^
LOL supposed to be a scale but turned out wrong but you still get the point.

i just realized you are talking about the tims at shoppers world
if tims doesnt have camera footage. the canadian tire has parking lot cams on light poles.
theres a good chance of those catching the incident.
sorry to hear it man.

It does not matter there is no evidence man I dont care what anyone says no evidence means no case how hard is it to understand, you know how many cases there have been where the cop had no evidence and the case gets thrown out… Oh yea O.P get a lawyer any lawyer would jump right on this case…

dont know you that well at all lol, but i know some very good lawers if you are in need of one these dudes saved my brothers life with all the convictions he had with his mustang. Thier honestly amazing at getting things dropped no joke.their a pretty big firm near our shop lemme know if you ever need their number, and again best of luck with these douchbags

I was parked behind Petro Canada. I did not find any camera’s last night. Will double check again tonight.

I am in contact with 2 lawyers at the moment.

I have an appointment with a lawyer Tuesday.

I am NOT parting out my car as of yet.

Is there any one that would be willing to take pictures of the one lot in shoppers? Like the asphalt I mean.

I do not have a fucking camera…and barely know how to use em properly.
I just need pictures proving I was not doing burnouts, drifting etc etc.

from what i know that cant be used as your defense in court.

Hell, you don’t even need a recorder, if some cop pulls you over and starts giving you shit and you tell him that hes being recorded his demeanor will change real fast.

Hey chris lemme know what I can do and I’ll do it