i.
hate
you

Nice work man :tup:

Outlets and boxes are cheap.

Thanks!

Dan

I once built a doghouse.

By far, the nicest garage on the forum…although Xander’s is quite nice too…

I cant wait until its actually done and usable. At this point its still just a big storage area.

Hoping to start insulating the ceiling of the main shop sometime in Nov. Then I can get the ceiling steel and lights up. Itd be done a lot faster if everything needed wasnt thousands of dollars, lol.

Dan

A couple weeks ago I insulated, sheeted and primed (only got like 1 1/4 coats on as I ran out) the north wall.

Built some shelves out of some old doors I got off CL for $5 ea for all the hand power tools.

Built 32’ of shelving along the one wall of the storage room

I scored these two old desk tops from work and made them into a little bench upstairs. They arent awesome, but for nearly $0 itll get the job done for now.

Dan

Looks good!

very nice

welp, i feel massively inferior. Awesome work.

I havent updated this in forever, as I havent worked on it in forever. Until recently.

In the last couple weeks Ive been working on the insulation, finally.

Ceiling -

Im installing R30 under the upstairs floor area. The rest will be R49 blown-in once the steel is up.
Im currently at about 60% done. Hoping to have the rest done either tonight or by sat pm.

Walls -

Started insulating the front of the posts, to keep any cold air from getting between the 2x6s they are made from (no they arent glue laminated).

Also I had some 25" gaps between all the windows and the posts. I used some 2" foam along the posts to bridge the gap vs trying to fill in a 2" piece of fibergass.

Finally, capped the walls between each truss with some 1" foam to help prevent cold air from pouring down into the walls. The way Im insulating them, fiberglass between the purlins, I thought itd be hard to seal without doing this. Even if it doesnt make a huge difference Im only out the $15 for a sheet of foam.

South wall all ready for insulation. I actually have about 50sqft done, just no pics.

Progress will hopefully be alot faster now. I hope.

Dan

:tup:

Looking good!

The labels on the fiberglass insulation don’t line up. Redo.

Naturally, I started putting them up all the same way, then realized after a few that the labels actually flip over on the insulation… So that ended that.

Dan

Pretty well done with the ceiling now. Just a couple pieces I need to toss in once I get ceiling fan boxes in place.

Ran hopefully the last few 110V lines, to the ceiling fans and to two locations for lights over the bench area.

Also, have about 75% of the south wall insulation done. I think the other walls will go MUCH faster. We shall see.

Dan

Saturday pm I worked on a little more insulation.

Sunday am a friend and I got the plastic up on the south section of the ceiling. It took some time, but wasnt SO bad. I still need to do a little taping but ran out of house wrap tape.

Then yesterday this showed up, along with a mountain of J and Z trim, about 1200lbs worth. I only had enough cash to get the metal for the ceiling, the south (window) wall - where my 18’ workbench will go, and the west wall (overhead door).

Started putting up a few pieces last night because I couldnt wait. Im loving the look of the light grey, blue and white. the night pics sorta suck. Ill try to get one during daylight when I get home later.

Im hoping to get a good start on the ceiling tomorrow night.

Dan

Where did you get your steel from? I need a ton to sheet mine.

So, would that be a sheet ton of supplies then??

groan

Soory aboot that.

I purchase it through Victor Coal and Lumber but the material comes from Weatheredge in Clyde NY.

http://weatheredgebc.com/

The guys that started Weatheredge are ex Fabral employees. I guess Fabral is pretty huge in the steel sheeting business on the east coast. Anyway, they are pretty quick with delivery. I ordered last tuesday, the order was at the lumber yard by friday. They just couldnt deliver until yesterday.

EDIT: They will provide the metal to you in any length, 1" min increments.

Dan