NECC is now ALBERTA NISSAN

Hey everyone,

If you found this place you’re reaction was probably… WHAT THE F***!!!

The long and short of it is that rather than let NECC drift away into oblivion it has been absorbed into a broader network of interconnected forums. NECC is now Alberta Nissan, sister to Toronto Nissan, which together form Canada Nissan as you can see from the common chassis and technical sections of both forums.

Together they make for one of the larger Nissan forums in Canada, certainly behind a few others. The combined traffic is still quite low but it will pick up over time i am sure.

Also included in the network is SON240sx, the largest 240sx community in Canada, as well as NYSpeed, the largest forum in New York State. the resulting product is a forum network that is probably in the top 5 in the great north…

There are sections of the forum that are common across all properties; Network Announcements, Network Events, Network Off-Topic and Network Wheels and Tires for sale among others.

What this equates to is a regional forum with a national element that also happens to have access to an international conversation.

It’s probably one of the first of it’s kind, probably a little too bold for most people, but hey… it sounded like a good idea at the time.

If you experience any difficulty with your user accounts please get in touch with me either through pm or through e-mail at bing at bings.ca

I know there are a few accounts whose usernames were assigned to others in the network and will require a username change.

I assumed that since many of the accounts were inactive for years that no immediate action would be taken.

Enjoy

Glad to see something was done. Looks nice.

X2, here’s looking toward the future.

thanks guys, there is alot more to come.

We’re using VB 4.0 and have done a few other things that are on the cutting edge of VB and will be introducing even more applications into the network that you wont see anywhere else in the coming weeks.

It will be a slow process however.

Yes, I was surprised. Although I may have been one of the guilty ones who hasn’t visited the NECC pages in the past 4 or 5 months (since winter set in and the WIP was parked). This looks pretty good. I know I get disappointed with the lack of traffic at times. But, the vehicle specific forums seem to catch more interest. But being a proud Nissan owner, I’ll try and post more than I have in the past and even try to make some of the get togethers.

Wow, this is a surprise. INteresting. In a good way

Well it’s good that things didn’t go to waste :slight_smile:

Nice site by the by!

thanks guys…

also, we didnt change the accounts in anyway and i’m sure you’ll agree with me that some of your custom titles should probably be changed for fear of being misleading…lol

i dont have any issue with you suggesting another custom title but please pm me with something more humorous or something, whatever you want really.

Also, we expect to do a theme change to the Alberta forum in the not too distant future to help give each forum a more distinctive element. I know NECC always had a darker background so we’ll liekly incorporate that.

As the weeks and months go by we’ll be working very closely with DMCC and other event bodies as well as a variety of vendors from all over Canada… We’ll be doing search engine optimization and probably organically growing a couple more forums inside the network to serve particular niches that are not really being attended to right now.

I may have mentioned this already but i am totally disconnected from whatever politics may have existed out West in the past so this is very much a clean slate for everyone. Lets make the best of it.

Well holy shit.

Probably a good move, but I’ll have to poke around a bit first before I decide completely.

Good Stuff!

sounds pretty much like year 2100ish.

huh… and then some… looks good though i say…

You mean I have to use brainpower this weekend?

I’ll check back on Monday with a witty title. :slight_smile:

Whoa. Yeah, did say wtf? when this popped up. Gonna have to poke around a bit.

Dang!! … been out of town for a few months and wow!! Very Cool

My bad logged in with my old newbie account … this looks spectacular … Im really stoked for this summer meets

So seeing as now we have a new name and face, let’s organize some kind of meet. Official or Un-Official, let’s get together let’s say around the end of the month? The roads should be fairly clear and the weather good so what does everyone think?

Im absolutely game for a good meet … end of the month sounds good to me.

good to see you guys keeping the site alive.

I’d be up for something around the end of the month.

Im Back!