New Top Gear (Hosts: Chris Evans, Chris Harris, etc) *Trailer Added*

The new version will be on Netflix:

Ted Sarandos, Netflix’s chief content officer, said on Tuesday that the revamped BBC2 motoring show will be made available on the streaming service as it falls under the existing deal it has with the BBC.

Guess things aren’t going well already.
http://www.entertainmentdaily.co.uk/top-gear-presenters-chris-evans-and-matt/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=paid

A source told The Sun newspaper: “Matt was never Chris’s choice – it was a decision forced upon him to attract the US market.“He accepted it and was desperate to strike up a bond when they were filming, but the spark just wasn’t there.
“Since the Cenotaph, their relationship’s deteriorated. Chris thinks Matt severely damaged the brand. Behind the scenes it’s very frosty between them.”

Maybe its the American in me but I really think Evans is a douche.
I would much rather watch LeBlanc.

That perceived disrespect to the Cenotaph was a bigger deal than what we heard in the states, eh?

that’s funny, I’m exactly the other way around. I want enthusiast shows, not just entertainers.

But LeBlanc is a car guy isn’t he?

yeah he strikes me as an actual car guy

notice I didn’t say I would prefer watching an episode of “friends” with cars

So was I the only one who watched the first episode of Top Gear with Evans and Joey, or did you all hate it as much as I did and just don’t want to talk about it.

I spent most of the episode looking like this:
https://i0.wp.com/www.shoutingatco.ws/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/jeremy-clarkson.jpg

Thinking, “WTF have they done to Top Gear?!?”

top gear extra with chris harris was great!

I think people are also a bit hard on the new one, it takes time to build up something combined with people who would have said it sucked no matter how good is was just because they want the past. My opinion is that they last few seasons sucked anyway, they became caricatures of theirselves and it was done.

I just didn’t even watch

Started watching and fell asleep…reminds me of top gear america, of which ive only watched the episode shot in buffalo.

It’s taken me 2 days to get through 40 minutes of it. Chris Evans is the worst. I know it’ll take some time for them to iron things out so I’ll give it a few episodes. I just hope it gets better. Even the US Top Gear is better at this point.

Me too. The first night I fell asleep watching it but chalked it up to the long holiday weekend and being tired. The 2nd day I was trying to finish it while home on my lunch break and still fell asleep. Not much of an endorsement for the show. I finally finished it up later that day.

I tried watching the “new” TG, it’s tough to do.
Everything feels forced with the new hosts and honestly, Chris is just annoying and Matt Leblanc has no business being there.

Joey is a legit car guy, but he has zero personality. Every time he told a joke with that cheesy smile you could tell he was just there for a paycheck.

what cars did they review?

that’s all i care about anyways

Evans is so very, very bad… Everything about him screams “I wish I was clarkson” it’s just painful to watch.

Harris on the other hand was great, he is animated, and likable.

I want to like Matt, but I think he is trying to hard at this point. Maybe he will mellow out a bit.

C7 Z06 vs Viper ACR
Ariel Nomad
This stupid “challenge” with Reliant Robins that failed miserably at being funny

I finished it last night, finally. The hosts are just SO bad. I have a feeling Chris Harris will be taking over the show in no time. I’ve always followed his youtube stuff and he seemed like a natural fit on Top Gear.

Edit: The only segment I actually enjoyed was the Star in a Reasonably priced car, which I usually skipped through on the old TG. Chris Evans ruined the interview but I thought the Rally version of the track with the Mini was kind of cool.

Well, BARELY the Z06. They had Sabine drive it for the stupid Top Gun laser gun dogfight but she never really talked about the car and just made poorly executed Top Gun quotes instead. I thought it was going somewhere when she said, “this car is shit, awful suspension, like a Ferrari” but then the producers never let her explain that because making bad Top Gun references is somehow better.

Moved posts to the ‘new top gear’ thread, we’ll keep the other one for the grand tour.

And no, I didn’t watch it. I used to be excited about this show, now I’m just :tif: about it.

• Updated - - -

The show drew 4.4 million viewers, with a peak of 4.7 million, while the last series with Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May bowed out with 5.8 million viewers.

Evans said last week he would be ‘disappointed’ if the show attracted under 5 million viewers.