North Hills SCC 2008 Auto-X Schedule

First off he lives on a farm which is fucking huge and my car was being worked on in the barn, before he lived there! its pretty much done then some kids decided they wanted to put an ls in a ef before the ls was put together so they moved my car into the yard and moved into the barn, but since the motor isnt together it has no motor or front suspension is on blocks and is taking up so much of the barn that you cant fit anything else in to even jack up and ya thats about it. Now im waiting for it to be semi nice outside so i can fix some stuff then try and drive it to my buddies shop to get finished.

interesting…You must be friends because If it were a nonfriend you would be selling parts off of it to charge for rent.

i think be_rad tries to get rimjobs from him.

It is getting nice outside. Lets do work! And Chad, as your official mustang mechanic, I suggest you treat me with a spec of decency before you call whining about working on your car.

then get the hell over my house and clean up the wiring in my engine bay then

tacos, wiring and beer ftw!

id like to get it done this weekend, need to put the signals in fix the bumper, change tires and pray a cop doesnt see me on the way there

If I were to get a set of 17’s, which track tires would be the best for auto-x? Something all out soft rubber for maximum grip that I could remain in stock class with??

Stock class at North Hills still require street tires, stock class at a SCCA event you can run DOT-R compounds. Ok now that is out of that way…

There is a big street tire war going on right now due to the “ST” classes. Tires you can still drive on the street.
Falken Azenis (200/A/A)
Bridgestone RE-01R
Toyo Proxes R1R (140/AA/A)
Dunlop Direzza Z1
Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD07 (180/AA/A)
Hankook Ventus R-S2 Z212 (200/AA/A)

Those are all probably the top ones out right now. All those fall between 140 and 200 treadware. The azenis are the old school tires of the bunch at this point, they can’t deal with heat but arn’t too bad. The RE-01R’s are what I’m currently running and I really like them, they hold heat a little better and have good turn-in. All the others are up and coming and so far look pretty good. Since your running locally, I suggest just looking those up and find some that are not going to break the bank.

Good to know. So is “street tire” based on treadwear rating? So Kuhmo V710 compounds are out of the question, Nitto NT01’s with rating of 100 vs. Azenis that are 200? Azenis could or could not used at NHSCC events? Like if I wanted to stay in D-stock. Any of your options are nice n easy on the pocket book regardless…

Oddly enough I just got home and there was a new magazine here that had a new race tire buyers guide haha. They didn’t have stats for what were probably the two of the faster tires on the list (Bridgestones & Dunlops). But I went back and updated my post anyways, you can probably find the other tire info off tirerack. I added the Hankooks also.

To answer your question you could buy something like the V710’s, but in NHSCC that will put you into the “PAX class” which is basically all the stock cars running race tires lumped together. The cutoff for street tires at North Hills is the same as in Street Touring, 140 treadware. My experience is the treadwear numbers on alot of the recent offerings I posted are to be taken with a grain of salt, the numbers do lie a little from tire to tire. However those tires can be driven to and from the event with no issues. I almost always drove everywhere on the RE01R’s or Azenis when I ran them. Only time I had trouble was when the tires started to wear a little thin and it would rain. Heavier cars wouldn’t get tossed around as much in the rain with the same tires so I wouldn’t worry about it.

Cliffs: If you wanna stay in D-stock at NHSCC pick a tire off the list.

you da man

street tires suck : P

brad, get the 710’s and deal with the pax class at NHSCC. wtf car would you be driving? isn’t the audi and passy gone?

:wink: yeah but all these susie sweet pants noobs like zexaccord have no clue how much hurt I’m rolling with this year. :naughty:

im gonna miss the ws6 for auto-x this year. guess ill just come watch a few.

I’m looking forward to seeing this :slight_smile:

drive the cobalt?

looks like i won’t even be making it out to the first event on the 6th…oh well. the 20th it is.

ya i know, but i need that thing to last so i dont want to beat/break it, since its my only car now and i need a reliable DD.

You and me both lol. Actually we were talking the other day about the guy we have locally who runs his SS all the time. Its his only car and he not only hits every local event, but drove out to nationals last year, competed, then drove home. That damn cobalt hasn’t missed a beat the whole time, considering the miles he puts on it.

oh thats awesome. i remember you tellin me about a few guys that had them, and used them as DDs also. well maybe ill come out and drive it but i was kinda just plannin on ridin my bike out to watch a few and keep in touch with you guys, even tho i didnt have my trans am anymore, to race. i shoulda just sold you the ws6 so i could watch it own fools. haha.